***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

Bebeg, I'm so sorry about the passing of your cousin's daughter. ::huggy::

Hrithika, that must've been an amazing concert in London yesterday! Happy for you! That's an adorable puppy you posted the picture of!

Marie, your board had it's 1st anniversary!!! I'm a few days late, but Happy Anniversary, MTT!!!! ::notworthy:: ::flowers::
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Raleighfan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:58 am wrote:Bebeg, I'm so sorry about the passing of your cousin's daughter. ::huggy::

Hrithika, that must've been an amazing concert in London yesterday! Happy for you! That's an adorable puppy you posted the picture of!

Marie, your board had it's 1st anniversary!!! I'm a few days late, but Happy Anniversary, MTT!!!! ::notworthy:: ::flowers::
You are right.....

Happy Anniversary MTT.... and thank you Marie for all your time you dedicate to keep us up to date with all things Adam. ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::huggy::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

infinite » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:04 am wrote:
Raleighfan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:58 am wrote:Bebeg, I'm so sorry about the passing of your cousin's daughter. ::huggy::

You are right.....

Happy Anniversary MTT.... and thank you Marie for all your time you dedicate to keep us up to date with all things Adam. ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::huggy::
Well, dang! I missed it!!!!

Champagne all around...
moet.jpg
moet.jpg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Wow! Good for them! ::yessss::

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 29m29 minutes ago
#Montreal-based #CirqueduSoleil cancels all planned shows in 3 #NorthCarolina cities, citing law that lets firms discriminate against gays.

Hate to see the fans who had bought tickets disappointed, but this is an important issue at hand . What they really need to do is get rid of the bigots who make these laws. JMO. ::smile::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Duran Duran did this.....which is awesome too ::yessss::

Duran Duran Pledges Support for LGBT Community at North Carolina Show

Duran Duran considered cancelling its Saturday night (April 16) concert at North Carolina's PNC Music Pavilion in protest of the state's newly passed HB2 law, which requires transgender people only use bathrooms that correspond with their sex at birth.

Bruce Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Concert Over Law That 'Attacks LGBT Rights'

However, the show did go on, and singer Simon Le Bon took to the stage in front of an American flag that shifted from rainbow colors to trans colors as he read a statement from the band.

"With respect to the current storm that is brewing through this state, we considered cancelling our show tonight, but decided to go ahead both for the sake of our fans and to support those in North Carolina who feels as strongly as we do about this issue," he said.

In the statement, the band spoke out against "plain, old fashioned prejudice, fear and oppression" and pledged support to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community.

click here for full article & vid ::thumbsup:: ::thumbup::

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... thrrom-law
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

My adorable & talented Chilean friend has made us another song, his contribution to his trip to the Isle of Wight & Brussels in June.

If you like it, please let him know on his YouTube site and also on his FB page..

[bbvideo=560,315]http://youtu.be/e4fz8RZZU6M[/bbvideo]
misswood

Post by misswood »

I just heard that Prince died ::shocked::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

misswood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 pm wrote:I just heard that Prince died ::shocked::
I just saw that. Twitter is going crazy. What is happening with entertainers. It's only April and so many have passed away.

I know he was recently sick. It was reported that his plane had to make an emergency landing to take him to the hospital. But they then reported that it was the flu and he was home.

It's sad and shocking ::cryblownose::
misswood

Post by misswood »

bebeg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:17 pm wrote:
misswood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 pm wrote:I just heard that Prince died ::shocked::
I just saw that. Twitter is going crazy. What is happening with entertainers. It's only April and so many have passed away.

I know he was recently sick. It was reported that his plane had to make an emergency landing to take him to the hospital. But they then reported that it was the flu and he was home.

My husband has always been a fan of his. And by the way, Bebeg, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's daughter.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

misswood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:52 pm wrote:

My husband has always been a fan of his. And by the way, Bebeg, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's daughter.
ADAM LAMBERT ‏@adamlambert 12m12 minutes ago

So sad about @prince ..... You will be so missed.

Adam just mentioned him in a recent interview. Talking about how he stumbled into one of his late night, all night concerts and got a table right down front.

Prince is one of the artists I never had the chance to see live and would have loved to have experienced it. He was weird and odd and quirky and all of that added up to an incredible artist.

Someone somewhere has been spending this year gathering up some really talented music artists for one hell of a performance --- Natalie Cole, David Bowie, Glenn Fry, Maurice White (Earth Wind & Fire), Merle Haggard and now Prince. They better be recording it. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Unbelievable!!!! Show a little respect!!!!

musicnews_shade
Justin Bieber got a little offended over an Instagram post calling Prince the last great living performer..

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:
misswood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:52 pm wrote:

ADAM LAMBERT ‏@adamlambert 12m12 minutes ago

So sad about @prince ..... You will be so missed.

Adam just mentioned him in a recent interview. Talking about how he stumbled into one of his late night, all night concerts and got a table right down front.

Prince is one of the artists I never had the chance to see live and would have loved to have experienced it. He was weird and odd and quirky and all of that added up to an incredible artist.

Someone somewhere has been spending this year gathering up some really talented music artists for one hell of a performance --- Natalie Cole, David Bowie, Glenn Fry, Maurice White (Earth Wind & Fire), Merle Haggard and now Prince. They better be recording it. ::smile::
I know!!!! Can we start 2016 over? This has been a disastrous four months in the music world!!!!

::cryblownose:: ::crying:: ::cryblownose::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I love this...

tannenbaumr 4h4 hours ago
So many hilarious Prince anecdotes in my book "I Want My MTV." Here's one, from video producer Howard Woffinden:

"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

The really sad thing is, all these music icons are dying and there is nobody to replace them (besides Adam of course). Are we counting on idiot Bieber to fill MJ's, Prince's, or Bowie's shoes?

Good luck with that.

::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

I was a Prince stan (although that word did not exist back then) during the eighties/first years of the nineties - have seen him many times live. He was a genius - fantastic songwriter, instrumentalist and singer. The whole package. And he did not give a flying f*** about what anybody was thinkinig. Some of his lyrics were tasteless and some of his outfits borderline crazy. ::laughing::

There is no way that an artist like him (or Freddie, David Bowie) would have so much artistic, creative freedom in todays bland, heteronormative music business. ::rolleyes::

Aaron Lavinsky ‏@ADLavinsky 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
This is what it sounds like when thousands of Prince faithful sing Purple Rain. @StarTribune

https://twitter.com/ADLavinsky/status/7 ... 9958582272
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

svca » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:The really sad thing is, all these music icons are dying and there is nobody to replace them (besides Adam of course). Are we counting on idiot Bieber to fill MJ's, Prince's, or Bowie's shoes?

Good luck with that.

In case you didn't know. Bieber according to him has it covered lol. ADAM imo.hss the potential to be the biggest crossover star in.this generation. I have at my tender age of 27 haha. Seen an artist with so much.innate talent. Adams gonna be Prince lvl one-day. Album 4,5, or 6 well do it. Clearly Prince and Bowie influenced Adam heavily.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

I'm wondering if Adam sings a Prince song tomorrow in Stockholm. Like he did as David Bowie died. ::think::
(If he would sing Purple Rain.... my life would be complete. ::haha:: )
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

robininny Apr 21
.@adamlambert 's Favorite live show ever was seeing #Prince >
https://youtu.be/CaJhIjjAXLE

devenlane 17h17 hours ago
.@adamlambert FANS: ADAM DANCING ONSTAGE AT PRINCE CONCERT XO 2011-05-07 PAPS: Adam, Sauli and Leila attend the ... http://adam-lambert-media.blogspot.com/ ... l?spref=tw

alohaPF 14h14 hours ago
AlohaPF Retweeted Kim
I listend to Prince’s version today. I love it. And Adam’s version has always been a favorite.AlohaPF added,
Kim @Glambert620
Adam Lambert covering Prince's "How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore" at Upright Cabaret on New Year's Eve 2008. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Oq_7jYUvo

CroweDM 19h19 hours ago
Amazing. "enough recorded material at Paisley Park for a new Prince album every year for next 100 years" #RIPPrince
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 99ccd54fcc

"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

svca » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:The really sad thing is, all these music icons are dying and there is nobody to replace them (besides Adam of course). Are we counting on idiot Bieber to fill MJ's, Prince's, or Bowie's shoes?

Good luck with that.

I believe that there won't be many artists to fill those shoes. I don't think this level of iconic fame and influence will be reached with future artists. That level where an artist touches generations, influences other artists, where their death causes worldwide 'where were you when you heard' moments.

I'm not saying that there aren't and won't be artists talented enough to reach that level. There are and there always will be. But things have changed. We listen to music differently. We buy (if we buy) music differently. Artists will always have their die-hard fans who will buy and support everything they do. But as a whole I don't believe the public is investing in an artist's career the way it did in the past.

I think that's because in the past we heard our music first on the radio and we were limited in the number of artists we could hear and, in turn, invest in. Now, the world of music is huge because of the internet. We can hear and watch anyone who's making music. I also think the fact that people aren't buying albums like they used to and instead buying singles means that people aren't interested in getting deep into an artist's career.

Does that make any sense? I'm not sure I put my thoughts into words in a way that makes sense. ::haha::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tributes....

The cast of the Broadway production of The Color Purple with Jennifer Hudson. They take it to church. It gives me chills when the audience starts singing....

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmkctxgJBt0&app=desktop[/bbvideo]

The cast of Hamilton danced it out to Let's Go Crazy...

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiSJRt2WUQ[/bbvideo]

Little Bit Town sings a bit of When Doves Cry...

Return to “Let's Talk!”