"Another Lonely Night" Second single

sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

As if it really matters what I think or something, I don't love this as the next choice. It's weird how for the clean version, he has to say "I don't give a damn if the sun comes up". Doesn't rhyme ::grin:: ::icant::

It will be fun to see how it does! Here's hoping people like it. My guess is that it will do better overseas than in the U.S., but I have my fingers crossed.
Paula

Post by Paula »

sandyrk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:As if it really matters what I think or something, I don't love this as the next choice. It's weird how for the clean version, he has to say "I don't give a damn if the sun comes up". Doesn't rhyme ::grin:: ::icant::

It will be fun to see how it does! Here's hoping people like it. My guess is that it will do better overseas than in the U.S., but I have my fingers crossed.
I'm with you on this, Sandy. I don't think that this song is a good choice for a second single, but what does it matter what I think? ::haha::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
svca

Post by svca »

I love the song, but since I don't listen to radio at all, I have no idea if it's a good pick for radio or not.

I just like the song ::thumbsup::
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Paula » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 am wrote:
sandyrk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:As if it really matters what I think or something, I don't love this as the next choice. It's weird how for the clean version, he has to say "I don't give a damn if the sun comes up". Doesn't rhyme ::grin:: ::icant::

I'm with you on this, Sandy. I don't think that this song is a good choice for a second single, but what does it matter what I think? ::haha::
Paula, what would your choice be? Mine would be TOH or EITN.
MsDorenaS

Post by MsDorenaS »

The other day I gave a co-worker a ride home - she's 32. She was telling me she's been hearing Ghost town on the radio often. I asked her if she wanted to hear the rest of Adam's cd and she agreed. She liked Another Lonely Night and thinks it will do good on the radio but she went nuts over Underground! Said she's buy the cd just for Underground. LOL.
Paula

Post by Paula »

sandyrk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 pm wrote:
Paula » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 am wrote:

Paula, what would your choice be? Mine would be TOH or EITN.
Either of those choices would be GREAT, Sandy. I would go with those too.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I think your all wrong, and questioning Adams And Wbr choices? Come on. Aln to me is the best song on the album, and the best choice for second single. It fits the image they are going for with Adam. I think its far stronger single then Toh or Eitn, which Eitn i dont see as a radio single, too.theatrical. I dont get Aln hate, Adams vocals never beem stronger. Maybe its a demographic thing, seems to do better with the younger crowd then.Toh does, hence why it well.prob smash. I think Aln is better live then Toh too imo.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:I think your all wrong, and questioning Adams And Wbr choices? Come on. Aln to me is the best song on the album, and the best choice for second single. It fits the image they are going for with Adam. I think its far stronger single then Toh or Eitn, which Eitn i dont see as a radio single, too.theatrical. I dont get Aln hate, Adams vocals never beem stronger. Maybe its a demographic thing, seems to do better with the younger crowd then.Toh does, hence why it well.prob smash. I think Aln is better live then Toh too imo.
Those are mine & Sandy's opinions, and opinions are never wrong. Please don't tell us that they are. Thanks.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Paula » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:I think your all wrong, and questioning Adams And Wbr choices? Come on. Aln to me is the best song on the album, and the best choice for second single. It fits the image they are going for with Adam. I think its far stronger single then Toh or Eitn, which Eitn i dont see as a radio single, too.theatrical. I dont get Aln hate, Adams vocals never beem stronger. Maybe its a demographic thing, seems to do better with the younger crowd then.Toh does, hence why it well.prob smash. I think Aln is better live then Toh too imo.
Those are mine & Sandy's opinions, and opinions are never wrong. Please don't tell us that they are. Thanks.
Lol oh isee your entitled to an opinion but im not? You seem to be negative towards Wbr choices alot, so i was just respnding to that. Opinions are never wrong lol, in this case its my opinion that you are.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:31 pm wrote:
Paula » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm wrote:
Lol oh isee your entitled to an opinion but im not? You seem to be negative towards Wbr choices alot, so i was just respnding to that. Opinions are never wrong lol, in this case its my opinion that you are.
I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I don't post a lot, so how can I be negative towards WBR a lot? ::nono::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

There are no 'wrongs' in music. Especially in what people enjoy. The only thing we all would agree on is that Adam is great. Other than that, we each have our favorite songs, singles we think will do well, performances, outfits, etc.
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:36 pm wrote:
There are no 'wrongs' in music. Especially in what people enjoy. The only thing we all would agree on is that Adam is great. Other than that, we each have our favorite songs, singles we think will do well, performances, outfits, etc.
EXACTLY. Thank you, bebeg.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

3ku1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:I think your all wrong, and questioning Adams And Wbr choices? Come on.Aln to me is the best song on the album, and the best choice for second single. It fits the image they are going for with Adam. I think its far stronger single then Toh or Eitn, which Eitn i dont see as a radio single, too.theatrical. I dont get Aln hate, Adams vocals never beem stronger. Maybe its a demographic thing, seems to do better with the younger crowd then.Toh does, hence why it well.prob smash. I think Aln is better live then Toh too imo.
 ! Message from: madamimadam
3ku1: Everyone is entitled to an opinion and had you voiced yours the way I edited your quote, it would be fine. The fact that your opinion differs from others' is not the problem here. It's the way you belittle others in order to validate yours which creates an issue.

Please respect your fellow members.

I know everyone has different writing styles, but please try to curb yours in the 'denigrating' department.

This is the second time I've had to step in... Third time's a charm and I will suspend you!
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

yes....with an opinion ....it is just that....neither wrong or right....

It is the expression of how one feels......not a statement of fact ::flowers::

I do love ANL..... the clean version doesn't rhyme...

However....it still sounds great live .....IMHO ::flowers::

I think it seems like a great fall-ish type song with a very universal theme....we all have had....another lonely nights ::wub:: ::rolleyes::

I also love....TOH....however....summer is mentioned several times....so maybe next summer ::thinking::

EITN....is also amazing....so I would have liked that as well....

just not sure the ....evil idea would have sold as well ??? ::thinking::

Anyways....I love the choice of....ALN....just my 2 cents ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

I wonder when it will be officially released? GT is holding its own these days. ::thumbsup:: ::yessss:: ::thumbsup::

Don't hate WBR at all. Love them, in fact!!!!
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

sandyrk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:I wonder when it will be officially released? GT is holding its own these days. ::thumbsup:: ::yessss:: ::thumbsup::

I don't know......Yes....still loving GT !!!! ::yessss::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

MsDorenaS » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 am wrote:The other day I gave a co-worker a ride home - she's 32. She was telling me she's been hearing Ghost town on the radio often. I asked her if she wanted to hear the rest of Adam's cd and she agreed. She liked Another Lonely Night and thinks it will do good on the radio but she went nuts over Underground! Said she's buy the cd just for Underground. LOL.
I love Underground too---especially the verses, which are so beautifully sung and with such moving lyrics---in fact, the first verse is my cellphone ringtone ::smile:: And I still think it would do well as a single, though not as the third single, please; that needs to be TOH ::grin::

After watching Adam's performance of ALN in Poland the other night, I feel much more relaxed with this song as the next single. But what do I know about predicting songs that will resonate with the public? ::haha:: I was never even particularly keen on WWFM (as a song), and was amazed when it took off.

Anyway, I've decided to put my trust in the opinion of NZ's own Sarin Moddle. Remember this glorious review of ALN?:
It’s atmospheric, soaring, and full of longing chord progressions that pull on your heartstrings like true pop gold. It builds from finger snaps and piano chords into a bassy, synth-laden anthem, opening up ahead of the first chorus into a cavernous but colourful lament full of deliciously layered production and earworm hooks.
http://thewireless.co.nz/articles/weekl ... e-and-more

Even reading this review makes me immediately want to play the song again and again!
crocked

Post by crocked »

Well, I miss the moo sound in the live performances!! Or my ear is not functioning, I just did not hear it... It was so clear in the album.
I guess after hearing over and over again the whole album, I love them all. So whatever... It seems each country has its own taste or favorite... but one keeps on guessing which would sell most like hotcakes particularly in US which is an ultragiant market.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

sandyrk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:I wonder when it will be officially released? GT is holding its own these days. ::thumbsup:: ::yessss:: ::thumbsup::

I know absolutely nothing but my guess would be October. Looks like they are still working on Ghost Town and then he's got the few dates with Queen. So, maybe after that..
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

crocked » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm wrote:Well, I miss the moo sound in the live performances!! Or my ear is not functioning, I just did not hear it... It was so clear in the album.
I guess after hearing over and over again the whole album, I love them all. So whatever... It seems each country has its own taste or favorite... but one keeps on guessing which would sell most like hotcakes particularly in US which is an ultragiant market.

The 'moo' is there in the live performances.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”