***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Carmi
Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by Carmi »

donnamb wrote:He was on as a judge - does that count?

Sure, why not? [thumbs.gif] Would love him to perform though. It would be so great for Ghost Town exposure.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SusieFierce · 8h 8 hours ago
Spotify Premium has a three-month trial for 99 cents. I'm down.
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there [0146.gif] [0146.gif]

Off to lunch today with my Mom and my sister....I'm so lucky to have them both, feeling blessed.

Have a great day you guys [grouphug.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I have tons of stuff to bring in but I went to see my mom this morning and have to leave soon to do gym carpool for my granddaughter.

I'll be back around 3:30 and then keep an eye on the Sea of Red thread!

[0010.gif]
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Lord! What a day this has been!!!! Crazy twitter feed with all the announcements (Andy Show, GMA, Underground media cycle)... and my daughter-in-law texts me to ask that I go shopping for my granddaughter's birthday (Monday - with a party on Sunday).

My deal with my DIL has always been "Here's the money! Buy her what you think is right and I'll wrap the stuff!"

But she ran out of time, working mom of 3... how could I say no?

First, you need to understand that I HATE shopping!!! I do grocery shopping every couple of months... that's how bad it is!

Well, my DIL was very specific as to what I needed to buy:

1) Go to ToysRUs and buy a boogie board (something she'll write on), pink if they have.

2) Go to Pottery Barn and buy mermaid sheet set.

Easy enough, right?

Thing is, Pottery Barn is on the South Shore of Montreal - mainly French-speaking...

So I found a ToysRUs on the South Shore near the Pottery Barn so I could do both at the same time...

First, I went to ToysRUs where everything is written in French, but lo and behold... I found a pink boogie board...

This.... http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3111886

I thought it was a bit 'youngish' for her... She's turning 8, but I figured my DIL knows best...

On to Pottery Barn, where the nicest salesman I have ever met, got me the sheets and since I had some money left from the amount I usually spend, I bought her a jewelry box and a mermaid beach towel... The guy was so nice, he even gift wrapped it for me which they don't do. I didn't ask... HE OFFERED! I kissed him before leaving the store.

I got home and shlepped this damned board up to my apartment, cursing at the thought of wrapping it because it doesn't come in a box!!!!

Texted my DIL to tell her what I had accomplished... very proud of myself...

She texted me back that she couldn't understand why the boogie board was $60 when she saw it for $30... I proudly told her that the one I bought was double-sided!!!!

She answered me... "Huh?"

So I finally went on the ToysRUs site and typed in boogie board... and this is what I was supposed to buy!!!!

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp? ... rd&x=0&y=0

Crap!!!!! I told my DIL that I would return the 'easel' and get the 'boogie board' in town...

I had to pick up my granddaughter from a play date and bring her home, so once I was out, I figured I might as well get it over with... Off to ToysRUs I go... AGAIN!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

I hand the nice man the 'easel' and tell him that I was supposed to get a 'boogie board'... He cackled and said: "You're the grandmother, huh?"

I wanted to hit him!!!! He sent someone to get me a boogie board... Turns out it was the last one and half price... Bargain!!!!

I came home to see 250 tweets on my feed... I just wanted to cry!!!!

Now, I've at least gone through the lot and favorited/RT'd what I needed to do and I have no umphhh left to do the Sea of Red thread....

Somebody pour me a stiff drink, please!!!!!

*stares into space*
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

[foxes_251.gif] Here you go! [happy.gif]

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki wrote:Here you go! [happy.gif]

You're my hero!!!!

[friends.gif]
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Well, Marie, you had me confused. I though..'her granddaughter wants one of those little surfboards and you can write on it?'. I didn't know there were tablets called boogie boards.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg wrote:Well, Marie, you had me confused. I though..'her granddaughter wants one of those little surfboards and you can write on it?'. I didn't know there were tablets called boogie boards.
Actually, the first guy I spoke to at ToysRUs when returning the easel, thought the same thing and was telling me to go to Walmart... until one of his coworkers piped in and told him what it was!

[foxes_251.gif]
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Oh yeah, Marie....you make me sooooo excited for future grandchildren.

Only not [nono.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, I'm done in... All that shopping today KILLED ME!!!!

There's a lot of stuff to get organized... TCL, Events in the OP of GT, transferring stuff to the new threads...

Tomorrow is another day!!!!

[sleep.gif] [lazy2.gif]
"It is what it is!"
takema

Post by takema »

LOL!! I thought being grandma was supposed to be fun and easy!
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

takema wrote:LOL!! I thought being grandma was supposed to be fun and easy!
I just spent 5 hours with my grandbaby (3 1/2 months) so her mommy could go to a shower. I'm tired. Being held and fed is not enough, anymore, now we're on to entertainment, babbling to baby to get vocalization back.
I think in my world, boogie board still means that thing you bring to the beach (shore, if you're from New Jersey) to go ride the waves. At least that's what they were labelled in the store yesterday.
blancaflor

Post by blancaflor »

Having grand babies is kind of like childbirth. When you are with them, they tire you out to the bone and you cannot wait to get home. But when you get home, you are calling your daughter and asking when you can babysit again. Wouldn't trade it for the world!!
sueb1863

Post by sueb1863 »

Is the Idolforums site permanently crashed? I've tried to go on it a few times in the past couple of days but just keep getting errors.
patches

Post by patches »

sueb1863 wrote:Is the Idolforums site permanently crashed? I've tried to go on it a few times in the past couple of days but just keep getting errors.
I think it might be, I haven't been able to get onto it for at least a week now [thumbdown.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

patches wrote:
sueb1863 wrote:Is the Idolforums site permanently crashed? I've tried to go on it a few times in the past couple of days but just keep getting errors.
I think it might be, I haven't been able to get onto it for at least a week now [thumbdown.gif]
They are having hardware problems. Tom is on vacation with his family until the end of next week, so not much Buzz can do about it until Tom returns.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

So Obama finally got a verified twitter account @POTUS.... and then this happened... Priceless!!!! [0002.gif]

billclinton
Welcome to @Twitter, @POTUS! One question: Does that username stay with the office? #askingforafriend
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:Lord! What a day this has been!!!! Crazy twitter feed with all the announcements (Andy Show, GMA, Underground media cycle)... and my daughter-in-law texts me to ask that I go shopping for my granddaughter's birthday (Monday - with a party on Sunday).

My deal with my DIL has always been "Here's the money! Buy her what you think is right and I'll wrap the stuff!"

First, you need to understand that I HATE shopping!!! I do grocery shopping every couple of months... that's how bad it is!

1) Go to ToysRUs and buy a boogie board (something she'll write on), pink if they have.

Easy enough, right?

Thing is, Pottery Barn is on the South Shore of Montreal - mainly French-speaking...

So I found a ToysRUs on the South Shore near the Pottery Barn so I could do both at the same time...

First, I went to ToysRUs where everything is written in French, but lo and behold... I found a pink boogie board...

I thought it was a bit 'youngish' for her... She's turning 8, but I figured my DIL knows best...

On to Pottery Barn, where the nicest salesman I have ever met, got me the sheets and since I had some money left from the amount I usually spend, I bought her a jewelry box and a mermaid beach towel... The guy was so nice, he even gift wrapped it for me which they don't do. I didn't ask... HE OFFERED! I kissed him before leaving the store.

I got home and shlepped this damned board up to my apartment, cursing at the thought of wrapping it because it doesn't come in a box!!!!

She texted me back that she couldn't understand why the boogie board was $60 when she saw it for $30... I proudly told her that the one I bought was double-sided!!!!

So I finally went on the ToysRUs site and typed in boogie board... and this is what I was supposed to buy!!!!

Crap!!!!! I told my DIL that I would return the 'easel' and get the 'boogie board' in town...

I had to pick up my granddaughter from a play date and bring her home, so once I was out, I figured I might as well get it over with... Off to ToysRUs I go... AGAIN!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

I hand the nice man the 'easel' and tell him that I was supposed to get a 'boogie board'... He cackled and said: "You're the grandmother, huh?"

I wanted to hit him!!!! He sent someone to get me a boogie board... Turns out it was the last one and half price... Bargain!!!!

Now, I've at least gone through the lot and favorited/RT'd what I needed to do and I have no umphhh left to do the Sea of Red thread....

*stares into space*
Off to granddaughter's birthday BBQ to deliver the infamous 'boogie board'!

[0002.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam wrote:
madamimadam wrote:Lord! What a day this has been!!!! Crazy twitter feed with all the announcements (Andy Show, GMA, Underground media cycle)... and my daughter-in-law texts me to ask that I go shopping for my granddaughter's birthday (Monday - with a party on Sunday).

Easy enough, right?

*stares into space*
Off to granddaughter's birthday BBQ to deliver the infamous 'boogie board'!

[0002.gif]
Hope you have a great time !!! That^^^ is such a cute story [friends.gif]

Boogie on !!!! [banana.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]

Return to “Let's Talk!”