***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

I still stand by my post last night about cracking on Adam's clothing, hair and most importantly his skin. Why do we need to read that his skin "looks worse?" Come on now. He KNOWS his skin is bad. We all KNOW it's bad. He has said that his skin is the bane of his existence. Why mention it? What's the point?

I can see that his hair is always looked at closely and we have fun with it sometimes. MISSWOOD is always on about it. She does it in a funny way and is adorable about it. She does it for the humor and levity and not mean spirited. (Not saying the poster was mean spirited, but you get my drift). To say his hair is "oily" is strange. Oily hair, to me, is unwashed and dirty. His "oil" is no doubt very expensive Moroccan oil. ::thumbup:: It's a look. A different look, to what we are accustom to seeing, but a look nonetheless.

Wonder who here is brave enough to put up their picture and have it dissected?

And yes, I agree we can scroll. Trouble with that is you still have to read the comment before you can deem it scroll worthy. You end up reading it and sometimes you just want to comment on how you feel about what you just read. It's a forum. Forum members comment in forums. Most people in forums are going to comment. Nature of the beast.

All opinions here are worthy. When you post, you take a chance on someone disagreeing with you. So what? No big deal. You have to have a fairly thick skin to be on the internet anyway. The one thing here, is that we all love and adore Adam. People should really not get hurt feelings if someone disagrees with them. How boring it would be if we all agreed. The conversations would cease for sure.

We all preach that we can express our feelings here. I would like to think that I can express mine too.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:47 pm wrote:Well let's not act all precious about it, and think none of our posts are off limit. It is the internet, people are going to disagree with your opinion haha, trust me. But just don't really like shots at Adams or anyones physical apparence. Even if its just an observation, I just don't think it is necessary, but that Is just me.
Except if we were talking about a gorgeous girl you like! ::hysterical::

You have chosen to join in a fandom mostly made up of women who have a totally different viewpoint when it comes to aesthetic... so when it irks you, scroll on by, my friend! ::winking::
Oh don't you worry I scroll by, the dudes a good looking guy though I well give you that haha.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:05 pm wrote:
Tiki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:59 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:What a day! Dropped my $600 phone which no longer works! Came home to find my laptop had crashed... Had to uninstall AVG and reinstall.... ::argh:: ::livid:: ::argh::
::derrderr:: ::derrderr:: ::derrderr::
Thank you!!!! Still pissed though!!!!!
I would be too! Especially if I had paid that much for a phone I would be having a real temper tantrum. ::haha::

Maybe this will help ease things.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The point is, Carmi, that you make a passing comment from a poster who absolutely adores Adam into way much more than it was worth writing about.

Through your post, you are belittling Adam more than the original poster ever did.

I don't think he has bad skin... I think he has a man's skin... My husband had the same and for the same reason as Adam's. Never bothered me one bit.

The original poster knows darned well that Adam's oil in his hair (if he had any) was a very expensive kind and not 'dirty oily'...

Yes, an exchange of opinion is necessary to keep a conversation going... but just go back to my Mission Statement and read the example very closely!

::winking::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Now, back to business....

Tonight will be my last Daily News post - it was too late in the date to change course for today.

Starting right after I'm done with it around 10:00*ish.... I'll go back to bringing in tweets as they pop up like I used to do at IDF. I will try to 'curb my enthusiasm' though.

Hrithika brings in a lot of stuff and I'll do my best not to double up on stuff she has already brought in and she'll do the same as well.

I need about a week to catch up on the Treasure Chest of Links which, thanks to our very own Energizer Bunny, I haven't had a chance to update since mid-September!!!!! ::no::

So, for a few days, I'd really like you guys to chip in and bring in stuff that you find on twitter or wherever else to help Hrithika.

I'm still around and will fill in if I see something I find interesting hasn't been brought in, but I really need time to catch up on the TCL, my Holy Grail! ::hysterical::

I hope this new system works better and that the Gabfest thread picks up speed!
"It is what it is!"
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Not belittleing Adam at all. I would never do that. And he does have bad skin. He himself admits that. I guess we agree to disagree.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:37 pm wrote:I still stand by my post last night about cracking on Adam's clothing, hair and most importantly his skin. Why do we need to read that his skin "looks worse?" Come on now. He KNOWS his skin is bad. We all KNOW it's bad. He has said that his skin is the bane of his existence. Why mention it? What's the point?

I can see that his hair is always looked at closely and we have fun with it sometimes. MISSWOOD is always on about it. She does it in a funny way and is adorable about it. She does it for the humor and levity and not mean spirited. (Not saying the poster was mean spirited, but you get my drift). To say his hair is "oily" is strange. Oily hair, to me, is unwashed and dirty. His "oil" is no doubt very expensive Moroccan oil. ::thumbup:: It's a look. A different look, to what we are accustom to seeing, but a look nonetheless.

Wonder who here is brave enough to put up their picture and have it dissected?

And yes, I agree we can scroll. Trouble with that is you still have to read the comment before you can deem it scroll worthy. You end up reading it and sometimes you just want to comment on how you feel about what you just read. It's a forum. Forum members comment in forums. Most people in forums are going to comment. Nature of the beast.

All opinions here are worthy. When you post, you take a chance on someone disagreeing with you. So what? No big deal. You have to have a fairly thick skin to be on the internet anyway. The one thing here, is that we all love and adore Adam. People should really not get hurt feelings if someone disagrees with them. How boring it would be if we all agreed. The conversations would cease for sure.

We all preach that we can express our feelings here. I would like to think that I can express mine too.

We all comment at one time or another on what Adam wears, the color of his hair etc. and are entitled to our opinions, it's human nature, and that's what happens in families every day, and since we are a family here, it's no different.

It's not about disagreeing or expressing feelings Carmi, it's how you go about disagreeing or expressing those feelings. There is a nice way to disagree and express one's feelings without jumping all over another one's opinions, observations etc. ::smile::
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

madamimadam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:59 pm wrote:The point is, Carmi, that you make a passing comment from a poster who absolutely adores Adam into way much more than it was worth writing about.

Through your post, you are belittling Adam more than the original poster ever did.

I don't think he has bad skin... I think he has a man's skin... My husband had the same and for the same reason as Adam's. Never bothered me one bit.

The original poster knows darned well that Adam's oil in his hair (if he had any) was a very expensive kind and not 'dirty oily'...

Yes, an exchange of opinion is necessary to keep a conversation going... but just go back to my Mission Statement and read the example very closely!

::winking::
i wish i could get into gabbing with you guys more often...really miss the give and take convos...RL is a killer, unfortunately......but had some time and came into check out the gabfest.......just want to say......we all have our opinions...which makes for interesting conversation and i luv that...the posting of adam's esthetics has been top dog for all of us...except for a few.... ::huggy:: (and we ::heart:: you)...

anyway...all i want to say is i think adam is absolutely stunning .......always thought Seal was stunning, too.......if you know what i mean........beauty is in the eye of the beholder and each of us have our bench mark..adam is my bench mark for both inner and outer..he is my true luv of perfection..... ::wub:: ( i could hear adam saying, now ..."gurl you are over the top.....don't be puttin' me on that pedestal!")
svca

Post by svca »

3ku1 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:36 pm wrote:You know I am sick and tired of Adam shoving his beauty in my face ::grin:: . You bastard, I wish I had your glorious hair...

Lol, you made me spit out my drink. ::icant:: ::icant::
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Tuning in late, as always, to the Board. Real life has been a killer this week. Well, last week, also.
As much as I look at the New York Times fashion features, I will never be able to keep up with Adam's fashion choices. He is not the man on the street, especially the ones around here, where the top men's store is Tractor Supply. (I'm not kidding.)
And now, Gabfest versus the This and That thread. It seemed that This and That was more attuned to maybe a one time post - and no one had to reply - but Gabfest kind of implied more interaction. So, if there was a conversation going about something or other, a random new post was a roadblock/detour/conversation killer.
So, in Gabfest, should the protocol be to post a little bit like the games on photos, videos, etc. where first we reply to the more recent post, and then secondly add a new observation? Then the next posters could replay to part 1 or part 2, as they chose.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 pm wrote:Tuning in late, as always, to the Board. Real life has been a killer this week. Well, last week, also.
As much as I look at the New York Times fashion features, I will never be able to keep up with Adam's fashion choices. He is not the man on the street, especially the ones around here, where the top men's store is Tractor Supply. (I'm not kidding.)
And now, Gabfest versus the This and That thread. It seemed that This and That was more attuned to maybe a one time post - and no one had to reply - but Gabfest kind of implied more interaction. So, if there was a conversation going about something or other, a random new post was a roadblock/detour/conversation killer.
So, in Gabfest, should the protocol be to post a little bit like the games on photos, videos, etc. where first we reply to the more recent post, and then secondly add a new observation? Then the next posters could replay to part 1 or part 2, as they chose.

More of a 'pick and choose' what you want to reply to... No order needed... It makes it easy to backtrack with the ability to click on the quoted post to go back and see what was going on.

::yes::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

So Adam is still in London... Do we think he'll go home for a day or two on his way to Australia or fly the other way from London....

The things that preoccupy me... ::roll:: ::roll::
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Looking at his calendar *per your thread, would have to think he'll just head off to Australia. He couldn't have more than a few hours in LA, if he stopped over.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:Looking at his calendar *per your thread, would have to think he'll just head off to Australia. He couldn't have more than a few hours in LA, if he stopped over.
Dunno... same flight time either ways... My bet is London - Australia (no direct flights though).
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

My oh my, did I ever get a few people in a tizzy! I also managed to get a conversation started! Even spurred Marie to enact some changes that will hopefully lessen her work, minimize duplication of posts, and encourage more discussion.

As Marie mentioned, I love and adore Adam and have my tickets and hotel reservations made for his concert in Phoenix. His skin is beautiful in person...I know because I saw him within 3 feet. Photographs unfortunately emphasize the negative. Like Adam, I struggled with acne all my life. I hate looking at pictures of myself as I am not photogenic. Every picture after age 40 is in storage! Thank goodness I have tall, nice looking, 31 year old twin sons who don't have any reason to agonize over their looks. If I had daughters, they probably would have inherited my not very attractive genes.

Adam has hair that bald men would kill for and I would pay to run my hands through it! In my opinion however, the very dark hair color seems to bring out Adam's complexion problems in photographs. My twitter background has Adam in light grey hair and his skin looks flawless. There is actually a wide range in what I think looks good on him (hair as well as clothes). I would love to see him with very long hair and no facial hair! His clothes change daily so my opinion one day is not the same the next. The oily hair look is not my favorite. I didn't like it in a couple photoshoots that he did but never commented on them. I started using Moroccan oil in my own hair when Adam mentioned that he used it! It is wonderful for making my hair shiny and keeps my curly hair from turning into a frizzy mess. You just need to be careful not to use too much!

I am also amazed and very jealous at how he has slimmed down and is so disciplined with eating healthy and exercising. He definitely has a body to die for. My endless attempts to improve my figure have been quite futile and I can't afford a personal trainer.

My expressing an opinion on Adam's appearance last night was never intended to upset anyone nor was it done with malice toward Adam. Nearly everyone on this and our old IDF forum has done it at one time or another and it is definitely a "girl thing". I think that most females try to make things prettier and have opinions on those subjects! If we can't make ourselves look better, then we act like mom's who try to influence our kids, spouses, partners, etc. to make an effort look better.

As far as Adam's voice and music is concerned.....I am totally in love!
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

::coffee:: Todays morning candy ::hello::

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRYjsKbU8AAZMWP.jpg

So whats on the topic today ::thinking::

Could apply on many Glamberts trying to follow our energized bunny ::crylaugh:: Adam

So i start with ::grouphug::

watch Chatty Man ::grin::

then hopefully satisfied on our daily Adam dose - yes i am a proud adam junkie ::haha::
::zzzzz:: ::sleep::

ok off to my breakfast and hope we get lots off Candy today and laughs if those attend twitter twats indicates we are in for a treat ::banana::
so grab your ::popcorn:: or ::cake:: and lets enjoy today .

ps- i am not so good with words especially in english i do better with pics its easier so hope its ok that i mix like this but i read ours perfectly reading is easy ::coffee::
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::

Is it possible to fall in love with him all over again? ::yes::

Just adding my humble opinion to the hair/skin/clothing discussion:
I liked most of his hair colors but I think (just like Hotouthere) that the lighter hair color suits him better.

I wouldn't say his skin looks bad, his skin is not flawless... no more no less.
I can understand why he is not so happy with his skin. I also don't like how I look and that is why there are almost no pictures of me.

His choices in clothing aren't always my cup of tea.... if he liked it though....it's okay. (I wear black most of the time so who I am to judge) ::haha::

And last but not least ... for me ...he looked just as beautiful as he had a couple more pounds on his rips than he has now. ::yes::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

MOST I WANT ADAM IN COPPER RED hair ::sorcerer::
Thats my wish i hate it when redhead people hiding i want them to embrace it . fuck others opinion /society

They face extinction with the recessive gene for red hair and on top society despise it and many red hairs disguise their true color darkening or gets blonde .

Nothing wrong with dark or light hair but the bulling of redheads need to stop in media or how tv/ movie portrays them .

I think Adam have done much for LTGB community Bravo ::clap::
I wish he would take this challenge too to change the main stream views of red hair
Show us how beautiful and rare it is ::wub:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

But i guess i won't get that unfortenly
i have to settle with his beard sometimes show ginger and if i am lucky its brown with a hint of red or highlights.

Thats life ::yes:: we won't get what we want ::no:: but i wish his hair gets natural ::sorcerer:: ::sorcerer:: ::sorcerer:: ::sorcerer::

what i have done a rant without pics ::whut:: lets get this post its theme ::grin:: see how stunning he looks ::wub::

and i end it with this cutie

Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

[quote="infinite » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 am"]Image
::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::

I so agree with you ...infinite ^^^ Adam it totally captivating ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I wonder if Adam has any grey hair yet.... WUT? My hubby had a lot of white hair by age 33... most of which our children gave him!

::roll::
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”