Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:I'm good, sweetie, thank you!

You work so hard to accommodate all of us. [0018.gif]

And that's why we love you [Love.png]
AWWWW! [0134.gif]
"It is what it is!"
sueb1863
Suggestions and Comments

Post by sueb1863 »

I'll check around my settings and see if I can get it figured out.

So nobody else is still getting the small type in the reply box?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

sueb1863 wrote:I'll check around my settings and see if I can get it figured out.

No... [hug.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

When I reduce my window, Adam disappears, on the full screen I see him but one shoulder is missing.... [wink.gif] not a big deal...
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Adora wrote:When I reduce my window, Adam disappears, on the full screen I see him but one shoulder is missing.... [wink.gif] not a big deal...
But the board screen is not cut off, right?
"It is what it is!"
nica575
Suggestions and Comments

Post by nica575 »

madamimadam wrote:Question for those of you who say the post reply font is too small... Is the banner on top fully visible, including Adam's picture on the right? Or does your 'board' get resized to be small to fit it all in?

We're trying to pinpoint why a few of you seem to be having this problem.
I DO NOT see Adam in the banner! I have to scroll to the right to see it and the space below the picture is empty grey....
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Suggestions and Comments

Post by vistadiva »

Are we going to get more emojis?? Some of the really good ones are missing....dead, na-na-na, drool.

Also, is there a way to see what the emoji signifies when you mouse over it. I think the board before the upgrade had that feature.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Suggestions and Comments

Post by infinite »

madamimadam wrote:
Adora wrote:When I reduce my window, Adam disappears, on the full screen I see him but one shoulder is missing.... [wink.gif] not a big deal...
For me it's just Adam who is cut of. [yes.gif]
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

madamimadam wrote:
No, the board doesn't cut off, just Adam....
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

OK, so from the posts above... changing the banner screwed up the look for quite a few of you guys...

Does anyone mind the 'screwy' banner look until we can figure out how to make it 'stretchable' so that Vista gets the full-size board?

It seems she's the only one who got something out of the stretched banner.

SueB has to check into her settings for the font size in replies.

Vista, do you have a techie friend who could look at your settings if I put the banner back to its original size?
"It is what it is!"
nica575
Suggestions and Comments

Post by nica575 »

sueb1863 wrote:I'll check around my settings and see if I can get it figured out.

I cleared History, Cookies and Cache...still the same tiny font in Reply box.

I am on Mac/Chrome. Same problem on Firefox...

and i don't see Adam in the banner...

But you guys are doing lots of work, so if you can;t fix this - I'll survive!

May be you can look into getting different skins for the board when you have time... OR make the color of the board text more prominent, as dark green on light green is not creating enough contrast for easy reading....someone else mentioned it before....

Thank you for all your efforts! [notworthy.gif] [thumb.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

nica575 wrote:

May be you can look into getting different skins for the board when you have time... OR make the color of the board text more prominent, as dark green on light green is not creating enough contrast for easy reading....someone else mentioned it before....

Green? The board is light greyish/blueish?????

And both you and SueB are on Macs... It's got to be a setting for you guys. You're the only 2 with that problem.
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Suggestions and Comments

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam wrote:OK, so from the posts above... changing the banner screwed up the look for quite a few of you guys...

Does anyone mind the 'screwy' banner look until we can figure out how to make it 'stretchable' so that Vista gets the full-size board?

Vista, do you have a techie friend who could look at your settings if I put the banner back to its original size?
[icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] I can look at my settings...but this is the only site that behaved that way until you fixed it. And I was soooooo happy [dance.gif] [dance.gif]

Do what you need to do...I'll live with whatever works for the most people.

AND...one other thing, when you quote a post that has a picture so you can reply...the picture doesn't come over in the quote. Can that be fixed?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva wrote:
madamimadam wrote:OK, so from the posts above... changing the banner screwed up the look for quite a few of you guys...

[icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] [icon_cry.gif] I can look at my settings...but this is the only site that behaved that way until you fixed it. And I was soooooo happy [dance.gif] [dance.gif]

Do what you need to do...I'll live with whatever works for the most people.

AND...one other thing, when you quote a post that has a picture so you can reply...the picture doesn't come over in the quote. Can that be fixed?
We're looking into the whole Quote issue... We've lost the clickable "Wrote" to bring you to the original post, pic won't show up, losing some of the emoticons....
"It is what it is!"
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

I don't mind waiting for the fix of the "screwy" banner, take your time.

I also love the colors, they're just they way I like them [happy.gif] , font is good, and interestingly the font in the "reply window" is even bigger than in actual posts - that's fine.
One thing that I still have a problem with: sometimes when I click on the link, it opens in a new tab and sometimes it is not! It's like playing Russian roulette.... [lol.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Adora wrote:

I don't mind waiting for the fix of the "screwy" banner, take your time.

I also love the colors, they're just they way I like them [happy.gif] , font is good, and interestingly the font in the "reply window" is even bigger than in actual posts - that's fine.
One thing that I still have a problem with: sometimes when I click on the link, it opens in a new tab and sometimes it is not! It's like playing Russian roulette.... [lol.gif]
I posted a list of the sites that won't open in new tabs upthread... We're working on that too! [hug.gif]

Basically, iTunes, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Soundcloud and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Links to media sites ALWAYS open in new tabs.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:
nica575 wrote:

And both you and SueB are on Macs... It's got to be a setting for you guys. You're the only 2 with that problem.
This is what the board should look like:
Capture20.PNG
"It is what it is!"
nica575
Suggestions and Comments

Post by nica575 »

madamimadam wrote:
nica575 wrote:

You are right! I am now on my PC/Chrome and the text size is "normal"... so, I'll have to get adjusted to the small font on mac as it is my designated "Adam" computer, and PC is for everything else...

Also the board color is light blue on PC... but the same issue with the contrast between the light background and letters that are not dark enough for comfortable contrast.

In any case - it is all good and the place is wonderful! [thumbs.gif] TY! [0018.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

nica575 wrote: You are right! I am now on my PC/Chrome and the text size is "normal"... so, I'll have to get adjusted to the small font on mac as it is my designated "Adam" computer, and PC is for everything else...

Also the board color is light blue on PC... but the same issue with the contrast between the light background and letters that are not dark enough for comfortable contrast.

In any case - it is all good and the place is wonderful! [thumbs.gif] TY! [0018.gif]
Only the forums/sub-forums have that muted contrast in titles. I felt it was pleasing in a relaxed elegant way. Once you're in a thread reading, the font is black.

Can you confirm that that is what you are seeing?
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Suggestions and Comments

Post by misswood »

vistadiva wrote:Are we going to get more emojis?? Some of the really good ones are missing....dead, na-na-na, drool.

Also, is there a way to see what the emoji signifies when you mouse over it. I think the board before the upgrade had that feature.
.....fear, ninja, nauseated, woot!, woot wave, flat face.

Return to “Let's Talk!”