"The Original High" Album

Adora
"Evil in the Night" Third Song Released

Post by Adora »

Both songs are very good but Evil in the Night is my favorite! [clap.gif] [woo.gif] [chufted.gif] [0010.gif] [thumbsup.gif] [yes.gif]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Adora wrote:Both songs are very good but Evil in the Night is my favorite! [clap.gif] [woo.gif] [chufted.gif] [0010.gif] [thumbsup.gif] [yes.gif]
Mine too...absolutely!! [Love.png]
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

vistadiva wrote:
Adora wrote:Both songs are very good but Evil in the Night is my favorite! [clap.gif] [woo.gif] [chufted.gif] [0010.gif] [thumbsup.gif] [yes.gif]
Mine too...absolutely!! [Love.png]
Me three!

[chufted.gif] [chufted.gif] [chufted.gif] Love this gif...goes great with the beat of Adam's new songs!

I think Evil In The Night will do very well in the Far East market due to oriental sounding accompaniment.
Paula

Post by Paula »

LOVE this. I love the funk sound to it.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Paula
"Another Lonely Night" Fourth Song Released

Post by Paula »

I like this one. It reminds me of something that Gaga would put out. Having said that, though, I think this is my least fave of the 4 released so far.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Paula wrote:LOVE this. I love the funk sound to it.
Now we know why Adam said that it is a fusion of different musical influences.
Stardust Glamour

Post by Stardust Glamour »

Whooo Hoooo!!!!! Thank you for the youtube's! Loving these songs so much! [banana.gif]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

It's surreal to see "Evil in the Night" currently charting at #2 on iTunes in Islamic Brunei, of all places! Here's a country whose sultan has recently announced will---from this year---stone anyone found "guilty" of gay sex, and yet his own citizens obviously have no problem listening to the music of an openly gay man. Mind you, I wouldn't suggest that Adam includes Brunei in a future tour [oops.gif]

I can't stop listening to "Evil in the Night," and I'm continuing to salivate at the thought of hearing it live. [banana.gif]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Apparently, I am in the minority here. [0144.gif] I can't get ALN out of my head but have to admit, I wasn't sure when I listened to it the first time. But when I sat back and closed my eyes and just drowned myself in the song, it is really a great song, lyrically, musically and Adam's vocals are right out front and centre. [Love.png]

I do like EITN as well, but ALN is my fav. [dance.gif]

I checked the video hits a minute ago and EITN has 6,211, and ALN has 5,966 so ALN is only behind by 245 hits. The overnight fans have been busy. [thumbs.gif] [thumbs.gif]
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

This is one of my favorite songs Adam has ever done...love this
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Tiki wrote:Evil in the Night is up on Youtube. Go give it hits guys. [dance.gif] [dance.gif]

[youtube][/youtube]
It's a great day when I wake up to 2 new songs from TOH! [0071.gif]
I love them both, but especially EITN.
Can't wait to hear them live...off to buy them. [woo.gif]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Tiki wrote:Apparently, I am in the minority here. [0144.gif] I can't get ALN out of my head but have to admit, I wasn't sure when I listened to it the first time. But when I sat back and closed my eyes and just drowned myself in the song, it is really a great song, lyrically, musically and Adam's vocals are right out front and centre. [Love.png]

I do like EITN as well, but ALN is my fav. [dance.gif]
Hi Tiki: Don't get me wrong: I love Another Lonely Night. It's infectious and endearing and touching, and there's nothing I'd change about it, right down to its quirky "moos." But it's just that---for me, anyway---it had the "misfortune" to be released the same day as Evil in the Night, so it's been overshadowed somewhat, much the same as the adorable Naked Love was overshadowed (for me) in 2012 when I heard the amazing Shady and Chokehold at the same time.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

[no2.gif] It's like trying to pick your favorite child [Love.png] .....it can't be done [no2.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Adora

Post by Adora »

OK guys, I listened to both songs late last night and liked both, but EITN sounded much better (for me), but today - oh wow! [0013.gif] I already remember melody and some words and playing it non stop and singing with it! [0010.gif]
There is something about this song - imagine how it could be used in some movie, like in the moment after a breakup or something, when person is young and sad, but there is still that energy, promise... [Love.png]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Adora wrote:OK guys, I listened to both songs late last night and liked both, but EITN sounded much better (for me), but today - oh wow! [0013.gif] I already remember melody and some words and playing it non stop and singing with it! [0010.gif]
There is something about this song - imagine how it could be used in some movie, like in the moment after a breakup or something, when person is young and sad, but there is still that energy, promise... [Love.png]
I've just been listening to all four songs, and what stands out for me on Another Lonely Night is not its catchy chorus, but rather the gorgeous, vulnerable opening verse (both stanzas), and, later, these lines, in particular: "Tear in my eye, I drive through the night as far as I can from you/And I don't give a damn if the sun comes up, it's just another..."

For me, these parts of the song are its emotional core, and they're also the parts that lift it far above the humdrum.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Love2Lurk wrote:[no2.gif] It's like trying to pick your favorite child [Love.png] .....it can't be done [no2.gif]
I know exactly what you mean! In fact, my two beloved dogs (Rupert and Liam) and my equally beloved cat (Jerry) are looking at me as I write this [foxes_251.gif]

But in terms of commercial appeal, I would swear on my grandmother's grave that Evil in the Night---of the three tracks we've heard since GT---possesses all the ingredients necessary for a smash single. Not only that, but it features arguably the best lyrics we've heard on any original Adam song.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

DerekMcG wrote:
Love2Lurk wrote:[no2.gif] It's like trying to pick your favorite child [Love.png] .....it can't be done [no2.gif]
I know exactly what you mean! In fact, my two beloved dogs (Rupert and Liam) and my equally beloved cat (Jerry) are looking at me as I write this [foxes_251.gif]

But in terms of commercial appeal, I would swear on my grandmother's grave that Evil in the Night---of the three tracks we've heard since GT---possesses all the ingredients necessary for a smash single. Not only that, but it features arguably the best lyrics we've heard on any original Adam song.
I agree. Loved this song instantly. An earworm. I actually like Underground better, personally, as it feels a little like Nirvana to me, which is my favorite all-time. However, EITN should be the commercial hit. [clap.gif] [jump.gif] [clap.gif] We'll see...
Adora

Post by Adora »

I'm just glad that both songs exist, I'm sure the more we listen to them, the more we love them. [Love.png]

Also if all songs were similar, it would be boring, and that's the case with most albums from other artists. Usually I like one or two songs and the rest is the filler or in some cases - like Kelly Clarkson, I like her, she has wonderful voice and I tried to listen to her latest album - songs are good, she sings them great, but after listening to a few of them it seems that you are listening to the same song over and over and not that it's not good, but you kind of get ...overloaded.

Adam's albums on the other hand let you "take a break" with totally different songs and you even appreciate that you have something different after your absolute favorite. It's like I didn't care much for Kickin' in at first, but then when listening to the whole album, I started to appreciate "moment to rest" between NCOE and Naked Love, but then little by little I got to like Kickin' in too!

Adam is absolute genius! [Love.png]
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Adora wrote: Adam's albums on the other hand let you "take a break" with totally different songs and you even appreciate that you have something different after your absolute favorite. It's like I didn't care much for Kickin' in at first, but then when listening to the whole album, I started to appreciate "moment to rest" between NCOE and Naked Love, but then little by little I got to like Kickin' in too!

Adam is absolute genius! [Love.png]
Great post, Adora!

One could never accuse Adam of singing the same song over and over again---in fact, he's like Queen in their prime in his refusal to stick to one monotonous genre. But, perversely, his versatility has been repeatedly held against him, with certain reviewers (in both the US and UK) constantly claiming that he has yet to carve out his "own" sound. These luminaries make me laugh as much as those reviewers who have now belatedly decided that Freddie Mercury can never be equaled (forgetting that he was never a critical darling in his lifetime). 40 years from now, and reviewers will be saying of 2055's finest pop vocalist that (of course), "He's no Adam Lambert." [0144.gif]

Btw, it took me some time to fully appreciate Kickin' In (and Pop That Lock) as well. But at least we both eventually opened our ears---unlike so many professional critics!
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

sandyrk wrote: Loved this song instantly. An earworm. I actually like Underground better, personally, as it feels a little like Nirvana to me, which is my favorite all-time. However, EITN should be the commercial hit. [clap.gif] [jump.gif] [clap.gif] We'll see...
Oh, you're so naughty bringing up Nirvana---another of my faves [0144.gif]

Let's just say that until I heard Evil in the Night, I was convinced that Underground was the best thing since sliced bread [happy.gif]

Mind you, we're already being told by those who have heard the entire album that the tracks we've listened to so far only scratch the surface of Adam's talent on display in The Original High [0013.gif]
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”