"The Original High" Album

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:15 pm wrote:THE ORIGINAL HIGH

melly_danu 16h16 hours ago
@adamlambert went to a cd shop in Jakarta today and TOH is #5 and only 1 left on the rack!! So i bought it! Yaaayyy

Mal23692 10h10 hours ago
(Gotta start somewhere I guess) The Original High - A fan’s perspective http://tmblr.co/ZVHZAn1o-ONAm #TheOriginalHigh

"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

wako @kitokowa My new collage! (^_-)-☆ #AdamLambert #TheOriginalHigh
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJJRAUqUcAAFOM9.jpg
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Ever since first listin ALN has been my favorite. It's just pure pop gold. Most of the kiwi reviews over here, have highlighted ALN as the strongest track on the album. Funny underground first listin, I have always wanted RNB from Adam. So loved the song, still do but then others come along that spike your interest. Funny the song I find myself going back to, and still as fresh is Things I diddn't say. That maybe with ALN and Rumors the most commercially ready radio single Adam could ever release. Shame I suspose, but being a BT it prob won't see any radio life. I really like Rumors, as it is current. Everyone deals with their private life being public, and scrutinized. And Social Media. I Think it could resonate with alot of people if released as a radio single. I love Ghost Town, it reminds me of the XFiles Theme Song. ALN just went over a million plays on spotify too. The Original High maybe Adams best studio track ever. It is really fun, has an immedaite hook, get's stuck in your mind. Especially the chorus with Summertime.
svca

Post by svca »

I've listened to the album a few times, and there are really just a few songs I don't like at all....Lucy, Heavy Fire, After Hours, The Light (stupid lyrics, IMO).... ::no::

Underground and Evil in the Night have grown on me, didn't like them at first.

Love These Boys, makes me grin, and like Shame for the most part, except that ending part, where he keeps repeating shamed...annoying.

Love, love, love ALN, TISI, TIDS, and TOH.... ::wub:: ::wub::

still think Ghost Town is kinda boring, don't shoot me ::fearful::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

svca » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:41 am wrote:I've listened to the album a few times, and there are really just a few songs I don't like at all....Lucy, Heavy Fire, After Hours, The Light (stupid lyrics, IMO).... ::no::

Underground and Evil in the Night have grown on me, didn't like them at first.

Love These Boys, makes me grin, and like Shame for the most part, except that ending part, where he keeps repeating shamed...annoying.

Love, love, love ALN, TISI, TIDS, and TOH.... ::wub:: ::wub::

still think Ghost Town is kinda boring, don't shoot me ::fearful::
Hi: If you've only listened to the album a few times, then you may be in for some surprises once you've given it a few more spins ::smile:: Some of the tracks take their sweet time to work their magic---particularly Heavy Fire and The Light, I feel.

In my case, I wasn't initially very enthusiastic about Rumors or TIDS, but I now love both of them---in fact, I currently play them far more often than I do GT and EITN, just to mention two early favourites.

I also love what I hear as a plaintive Nordic quality in the cleverly arranged musical intros to both Rumors and TIDS. It's something distinctively Swedish, I think; in fact the wonderful UK version of the TV series "Wallander"---set and filmed in Sweden---has featured music that's similar to what we hear in those opening musical phrases. Haunting!
crocked

Post by crocked »

just love all the songs ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm wrote:THE ORIGINAL HIGH

Mal23692 1h1 hour ago
(ALN added, not gonna have time for a while to write) The Original High - A fan’s perspective http://tmblr.co/ZVHZAn1o-ONAm #TheOriginalHigh
"It is what it is!"
DerekMcG
"Another Lonely Night" Fourth Song Released

Post by DerekMcG »

Marie just posted the link to this fellow's blog post on the TOH album thread, but I thought I'd repeat it here too, as it contains the best description I've read of ALN (along with excellent assessments of GT and TOH):

It's deliciously detailed---so I do recommend reading it in full---but these two extracts stood out for me (and echo my own experience with the song):
I was decidedly unimpressed initially. I remember feeling that there were a few (too many) ‘empty’ moments throughout the song, particularly in the slow build to the 1st chorus after the 1st verse.
There was that disappointing chorus, seemingly lacking in impact. Damn.
In the weeks leading up to the album’s release I’d heard many a glorious remark about this chorus. I found myself expecting something profound. But the chorus– and the song in general– though nice, were not giving me what I needed.

This would change, however, as my second time proved a completely different experience. There’s a sex analogy here somewhere, I’m sure. But I’ll leave it be. Fact is: one extra listen can change……well……EVERYTHING.
And:
Yet I can see why many won’t and don’t like this song. Its childlike ‘boppiness’ may prove (or already is) off-putting for some, the arpeggiated synth in the chorus a bit too old school for others. I’ve seen one person say the song puts them to sleep. No song can win over everyone.

But I think this song works for me because it strikes a perfect balance between the many elements present, creating a wonderful musical landscape for me to escape to and wrap myself in for brief stretches of time.
Great stuff from Malcolm Davis, and I can't wait to read his thoughts on the other tracks.
crocked

Post by crocked »

I am very curious to know his score for TISI....

He is very verbose which I envy. and he scored ALN the lowest among the three, but still very good . IMO, the moo sound would make it popular among the young.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

ALN is the best song on the album IMO. And could be a Radio Smash.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

crocked » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:53 am wrote:I am very curious to know his score for TISI....

He is very verbose which I envy. and he scored ALN the lowest among the three, but still very good . IMO, the moo sound would make it popular among the young.
I can see the moo in clubs, waiting for that climax haha. Im relatively young in my mid twenties, and I love the moo haha always wait for it.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Another song with the same title as one of Adam's ::rolleyes::

Jake Miller releases surprise EP ‘Rumors’
http://www.axs.com/news/jake-miller-rel ... mors-60422

oh well .....it doesn't sound similar to Adam's ::rolleyes::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Ghost Town is obviousley the most unique song on the album. Woulden't call it boring. But in terms of its repetitive chorus, that is most radio songs. But boring is not how I would describe it. When you hear it on the radio, it stands out from the pack. The Light has awesome lyrics IMO. Reminds me of Icona Pops I love it. ALN to me is still the best song on the album with TOH, and could well be a radio smash if released as a radio single. Here are the most played songs on Spotify;

1. Ghost Town 19,544,470 mill

2. Another Lonely Night 1,054,117 mill

3. Underground 805,893

4. Evil in the Night 733,841

5. The Original High 599,321

6. Rumors 409,588

7. There I Said it 311,732

TOH is the only track that charted on the Digital/Dance Songs Chart at #22. So TOH well prob be next single.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Love2Lurk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:31 am wrote:Another song with the same title as one of Adam's ::rolleyes::

Jake Miller releases surprise EP ‘Rumors’
http://www.axs.com/news/jake-miller-rel ... mors-60422

oh well .....it doesn't sound similar to Adam's ::rolleyes::
Sorry whos Jake Miller lol enough said.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Warner Bros. Records ✔@wbr
JUST RELEASED: @AdamLambert's #GhostTown Remixes on @AppleMusic - http://smarturl.it/ALremix.itunes
5:28 AM - 10 Jul 2015
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Original High on the NZ Top 40 Albums Chart for third week straight, with no airplay. Currently #37. Dropped from #25. Shows that it must be selling very well in hard copies, physically in stores.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

TALC HD - Adam Lambert - Another Lonely Night from 'The Original High' -..
::yessss:: ::thumbup:: ::huggy::
svca

Post by svca »

OMG, thanks, Barb....that's one of my favorite songs from the album, and it's sooooo good live. That ending ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::

Wow, that was awesome.....his voice is just everything ::wub::
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

svca » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 am wrote:OMG, thanks, Barb....that's one of my favorite songs from the album, and it's sooooo good live.
That ending ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::

Wow, that was awesome.....his voice is just everything ::wub::
::yessss::Totally different from the album/original version..that awesome ability to change things up! ::thumbup::
And this from the comments--our multi faceted chameleon.....
Sharon Bunn (funbunn40)
Adam slips into the vibe of the song so quickly & totally, from laughing to pathos in the blink of an eye. I love his control & ease. He's such a pro. His training and years of.experience has served him well!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:51 pm wrote:THE ORIGINAL HIGH

creativedisc 6h6 hours ago
[Thursday Review] Album of the Day: @AdamLambert "The Original High" http://ow.ly/PuY97 released by @WarnerMusicID

ScorpioBert 5h5 hours ago
Linderella ;) retweeted aurora
awesome ! Linderella ;) added,
aurora @_auroora
Cool! They played #TheOriginalHigh on TV2 at the end of Gymnaestrada opening show!

"It is what it is!"
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”