***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I was watching the ALN trailer... yet again... ::crylaugh:: and these are the views... Can we say: "Lucky 7's"?

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:I was watching the ALN trailer... yet again... ::crylaugh:: and these are the views... Can we say: "Lucky 7's"?

And in case, you think I was aiming to get that number, I hadn't watched it for an hour or so. I was busy doing laundry, shower, some updates... total fluke...

It's actually eerie!!!!! ::stealth::
"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

Yes! I remember watching one of the QAL videos where he was singing I was Born to Love You and thinking how much he looked like Clark Gable! He has such matinee idol good looks. ~SIGH~
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Adam definatley has the same innate quality that an mj or elvis had. Technically Adam to me is supeior to Mj, its more comparible to compare lambert to Freddie. I do feel when its all said and done, Adam well do for music, in influencing the Lgbt. In the same way Mj influenced and was a trailblazer for African Americans in the music industry. Adam imo is one of the most important artists in decades, since Amas he forced a look at double standards, and has been out of the box ever since, challenging the norms. Imo wasent for Adam their would be no Sam.Smith.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm wrote:
Tiki » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:13 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:
Yes, there are moments when, with the right lighting and angle, they look like twins, but then if you look at most of Adam's pictures, he doesn't... Our very own chameleon!!!!

I think Elvis had more prominent cheekbones than Adam and that Adam has wider, more beautiful eyes than Elvis....

Aghhhh! He's just Adam!!!!! ::haha::
Yes I totally agree he is just Adam. I was really only remarking on the similarities that are in certain pictures, in some of his moves on stage, and the thing he does with the corner of his mouth , and of course now his hair that is so reminiscent of Elvis, it is really uncanny. Adam's eyes, are more striking than Elvis's especially when his hair is dark because they are that gorgeous blue color.and as much as they have similarities, they are totally different elsewise. There is only 1 Elvis, and now there will be only 1 Adam. ::grin::

Now, that we have this all straightened out, ::haha:: I'll just tip toe back over to IDF and the Glamnation Tour. ::laughing::
Nah... It's fun to talk about. There are also pics I've seen where I thought he totally looked like James Dean and others where he looked like Tony Curtis or Clark Gable... As I said, our very own chameleon!!!!

::friendsLOL::

Don't see Adam in ::friendsLOL:: Tony Curtis ::smile:: , but James Dean and Clark Gable definitely especially Clark Gable as Rhett Butler! ::heart:: ::friendsLOL::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Just saw this on twitter and that looks like a pic of Adam on the background. Can't believe I'm geeting excited by AI again just to see glimpses of Adam. ::rolleyes:: ::rolleyes::

American Idol Retweeted
FremantleMedia HQ ‏@FremantleMedia 9h9 hours ago
Hey @mip...Here's the big reveal! @AmericanIdol season 15 #ItsGoingToBeEpic! #MIPCOM @FMNATV

donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I never was a fan of Elvis. Obviously, I'm aware of his legacy, and his visual effect that Adam evokes in his performances and some videos.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I think Adam well have some part in the final season of AI. Those portraits I Think are the 6 biggest idol ever. Adam the only runner up haha. They may get Carrie, Adam. Kelly (The big 3 imo), to perform on the finalie.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

3ku1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:I think Adam well have some part in the final season of AI. Those portraits I Think are the 6 biggest idol ever. Adam the only runner up haha. They may get Carrie, Adam. Kelly (The big 3 imo), to perform on the finalie.
From your keyboard to Idol's producers' ears!!!!

::yessss::
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Lizziek » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:24 pm wrote:Just saw this on twitter and that looks like a pic of Adam on the background. Can't believe I'm geeting excited by AI again just to see glimpses of Adam. ::rolleyes:: ::rolleyes::

American Idol Retweeted
FremantleMedia HQ ‏@FremantleMedia 9h9 hours ago
Hey @mip...Here's the big reveal! @AmericanIdol season 15 #ItsGoingToBeEpic! #MIPCOM @FMNATV

This is awesome !!! I think we had a hint of this somewhere before as well.....

Someone seeing this pic.....with Adam....is amazing & well deserved......

He is for sure among the top few most successful Idols !!! ::yessss::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

3ku1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:I think Adam well have some part in the final season of AI. Those portraits I Think are the 6 biggest idol ever. Adam the only runner up haha. They may get Carrie, Adam. Kelly (The big 3 imo), to perform on the finalie.
I think we will see Adam....many times on AI this year !!! ::yessss::

Can't wait to see ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

donnamb » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:I never was a fan of Elvis. Obviously, I'm aware of his legacy, and his visual effect that Adam evokes in his performances and some videos.
I was a very young kid when Elvis was in his prime. I recall a couple of my friends had much older brothers and sisters who were Elvis fans and had his records. I came to like some of his music when I was much older but wasn't that impressed with the man he became toward the end of his life.

Adam has the Elvis look (from when Elvis was looking his best) and is quite talented in mimicking his performance moves but we have yet to hear Adam actually sing one of his songs. I would love for Adam to do more musical skits on TV as I am sure he has some great vocal imitations hidden in his back pocket!
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

hotouthere » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 pm wrote:
donnamb » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:I never was a fan of Elvis. Obviously, I'm aware of his legacy, and his visual effect that Adam evokes in his performances and some videos.
I was a very young kid when Elvis was in his prime. I recall a couple of my friends had much older brothers and sisters who were Elvis fans and had his records. I came to like some of his music when I was much older but wasn't that impressed with the man he became toward the end of his life.

Adam has the Elvis look (from when Elvis was looking his best) and is quite talented in mimicking his performance moves but we have yet to hear Adam actually sing one of his songs. I would love for Adam to do more musical skits on TV as I am sure he has some great vocal imitations hidden in his back pocket!
He needs to be on SNL and do a Pandora radio skit like Bruno Mars did a few years ago. I remember watching it and thinking OMG Adam would kill this!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Just in case you missed this...Adam will be on the final season ::grin::

bani ‏@bani_ 18m18 minutes ago
Ryan Seacrest says American Idol WILL bring back original judges & “big artists” like Adam Lambert… http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk… via @unrealitytv
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Queen Official ✔@QueenWillRock
QueenOnline on Tour: Notes From The Road South America Part 10 - http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... a-part-10/
1:25 AM - 8 Oct 2015

7th October 2015
QueenOnline on Tour: Notes From The Road South America Part 10

Sorry for the delay in this concluding part of these Tour Notes. I have had a visitor by the name of Jetlagus Maximus to entertain and he really has outstayed his welcome I must say. It also feels a bit odd tapping this out in the comfort of my own home.

We better dive straight in, as the memories are still fresh, if you are still interested of course. The tour is over; we have quickly moved on here at Queen HQ, it never stops. It's all about the forthcoming 'A Night At The Odeon' release now.

Meanwhile, last week, back in Chile…

Just prior to the show I had to sort out some last minute meet and greet passes and check the area that they were taking place was fit for purpose, plus I also sat down with the band's management for a chat about a few ongoing projects for when I got home;

"Are you sure you have time Nick? You are not too busy having massage are you?" - Jim Beach joked. I think.

Apart from that, it was business as usual for me pre-show (set lists, water and towels to the backline guys and set up the Queen quick change tent behind the stage), but I did make a point of clearing up any other chores, so I could enjoy more of the show for myself, it was the last one after all - for now, anyway.

The fine and bright day had now disappeared and the evening had quite a chill to it, but the vibe was very warm indeed. The final show was another corker. As mentioned previously there was a very laid back feel to the day and this rolled over into the show from what I could see. Santiago, you seemed like a very happy crowd, very smiley and fun, from the faces I saw. I know, I have now said something nice about every crowd we came across, but that's the truth - the following here in South America really does have the most unique passion and lust for these songs and the band. I salute you.

I had a really good spot on stage for this show; owing to the tight layout on the side of the stage on this particular night, I was very close to the action and had a great view in seeing at how good Rufus and Neil really are. Knowing the ebb and flow of Brian's guitar solo, I knew when to get in position for 'Tie Your Mother Down', I knelt just in front of the thrust then leads to the B-stage and I am so glad I did. The version of this song was hands down the best I have ever heard of this line up deliver - everyone was on fire, especially Rufus and Brian. I am no musician, but I can recognise 'good'. Rufus was just devastating - driving the song on and on, harder and harder and Brian was just out there on the edge, jamming away, taking it higher and higher, you could see the thrill on Neil's face as he was looking to see where the Doc was going to take them. I was actually laughing in awe, if you can do such a thing. I was kind of spent after witnessing that and walked out to the sound desk for a breather and watched the communion of 'Radio Ga Ga' unfold with quite the satisfied smile on my face. What an adventure this had been. AGAIN.

After the show the band hung around for a lot longer that normal, the guest list had been quite large and there were a few friends to see. This also meant that the band could speak to the crew and thank many of us personally for the last 3 weeks or so. I again spoke to Brian and asked him if he had enjoyed himself; "Yeah, it still doesn't not get much better than that, it's been great, Nick." I wished him well and promised I would come down and see him in his studio soon. It turned out that the band actually semi-gate crashed an unofficial fan after show party at a hotel later that night; I hope they had the right passes.

There was less of a rush to break things down seeing as this was the final show, so beers were cracked open earlier, sushi and pizza were enjoyed, rather than consumed as fuel, and most if the crew refrained from rushing off back to the hotel. Lots of hugging, handshakes and variations of "Stay in touch", "Facebook me" and "See you on the next one!" were exchanged. Not only is this crew amazing to work with, but such a nice bunch too, I have made some new and true friends on this tour. Oh, oh and talking of the crew, that reminds me! One of our translators in Brazil was quoted in saying that she thought we were "the best looking crew I have ever seen...” I'm adding that to the CV.

I am trying to end this with a bang or some deep sentimental tone, but failing really. The last of us got back to the hotel at 4am in the morning, more hugs for those we missed earlier and we slowly made our way home in waves and at different times the next day or that morning should I say. I traveled back with Nev, Steve and Ross, the same guys I set off with three weeks earlier; no lost luggage incidents, a great milkshake at the airport, a mild panic for a temporarily lost mobile phone and several chuckles between us whilst waiting in Paris for our connecting flight and that was it. I watched 'Amy' on the plane, the Winehouse documentary - that was depressing and then Jurassic World, and that was just rubbish.

Home. Wife and daughters. The biggest and best hugs of them all. They are my favourite audience.

Five days later and I have only really started to unpack properly. My AAA laminates, set lists, hotel receipts, luggage labels and various currencies are littering the back bedroom and see my miniscule contribution to the Queen story right there, but it'll do me just fine, I will be living off it in the pub for years to come.

Right, that's it; tour bubble popped and back to it. The Queen machine rolls on…

Nick
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

IMO Adam is the biggest star to come out of Idol. I'm just not saying that because obviously I am a huge passionate fan of him and his voice. My reasoning is that Kelly will always be known and beloved because she was the first. That is just a given. Her voice is also really good and she is very sweet and personable. Carrie is known because she is a big country singer (US loves its country singers) that has had some crossover success to Pop. Although Carrie is not known of internationally like Adam is. So hands down, imo, Adam is the most well know Idol contestant ever. I can't think of anyone that is so globally recognized from Idol as he is.

The only other Idols that I can give kudos to is Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry. They made their Idol opportunity work for them. And they didn't even win or come in second.

So looking forward to the final show. I'm sure they will pull out all the stops and the show will be awesome. ::thumbsup::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

iHeartRadio ✔@iHeartRadio
Wine, music, fun! Win a trip to party in NAPA with @adamlambert and more > http://bit.ly/iHeartRadioLiveInTheVinyard
12:20 AM - 8 Oct 2015

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQvwuVmVEAABBuS.png
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

xGlambertPassion
adam lambert & glamberts // love me like you do
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/CYlm5kiCu4k[/bbvideo]
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

WWFM IG video at Spotify

lohls
@adamlambert was killer today. #spotifysession
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Alexandra Lambert ‏jb_AL_FOREVER

Adam Lambert - ‘The Journey Is What It’s All About’ (Access Hollywood, 07.10.2015)

Adam Lambert Reveals Dream Duet Partners (Access Hollywood, 07.10.2015)

Return to “Let's Talk!”