***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, all caught up.

Tweets have been brought in.

New QAL Switzerland show thread is opened.

Calendar has been updated.

I've cleaned up some of the E&A stuff and moved them to the sub-forum.

Now, breakfast and more coffee!!!! ::coffee::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

To all our U.S. members, it's that time of year again...

"It is what it is!"
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Great to hear your I-pad is fixed Marie. ::thumbup::
Just got back from the local bakery for my pies that I'm bringing for Thanksgiving. The line was out the door, but everyone was in such a good mood that it didn't matter. ::grin::
Now it's time for cookie baking. Yum!!! I'll try not to eat too many. ::whistle::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:16 am wrote:To all our U.S. members, it's that time of year again...

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving...without your turkey in a lamp shade !! ::haha:: ::haha::

peace & love to everybody ::wub:: ::grouphug::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I've been cooking all day. Sort of has become a tradition to save a vacation day for this. But then I transport the food to a daughter's house, who has the responsibility to clean and polish the silver.
Christmas is on my turf though.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Home from babysitting. Just added the latest tweets I gathered.

Back to binge TV watching.... I highly recommend "Elementary"... I'm on episode 12 of season 1.... LOVE IT!!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Finished making broccoli casserole! Can relax a bit and scan Adam "stuff" before I have to get ready and head off to my cousin's.
For everyone who celebrates, have an absolutely fantastic Thanksgiving! For those who don't.......think of us eating lots and lots (and lots!) of yummy food and try not to be jealous, lol!

But seriously, I hope everyone, celebrating Thanksgiving or not, has a great day!
svca

Post by svca »

Happy thanksgiving to my Adam family ::grouphug::

Just hubby and me today, just the way we like it ::grin:: Going to barbeque steaks later on (hubby doesn't like turkey), making mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc., etc....cherry pie and ice cream for dessert. Yum.

Low key and quiet...our favorite ::clapbig::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you American members of my "family"! I love you guys! ::grouphug::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my Adam family...and Adam if you're checking in. ::grin:: ::grouphug::
Getting ready to go to my family's get-together...yum! and there will be wine!
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm thankful for all the friendships I've made on this board. Love you all!

Rhonda ::heart::
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

To all my friends on here who celebrate Thanksgiving today! ::grouphug::

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Happy Thankgiving! ::huggy:: ::grouphug::

Finally found a few minutes to check in on here. I've been slaving over the stove and still 40 minutes before dinner will be served! I am spending the day with just with my twin sons which I am perfectly happy with. I don't like to cook for a crowd as it is too stressful.

The turkey is in the oven and I finished chopping vegetables for the stuffing and it's cooking. I don't bother stuffing the turkey because I don't like how mushy it is when it comes out of the bird. Then I chopped up a few items to accompany our salad since my sons always want salad with lots of toppings like they get at the salad bar. One of my son's peeled & cut up apples this morning for homemade apple pie. My other son peeled potatoes. We also have a pumpkin pie from Costco since I was told that their pie tastes better than mine! I was lucky this year because I didn't have to fight the crowds there. My boss had to go there on Tuesday afternoon and he picked a pie up for me. I also made homemade cranberry sauce since apparently, it's better than the canned stuff. I wasn't even aware that the one son who eats the stuff had a preference until this year.

Looks like this is getting too long and I need to get back to the kitchen before I burn something! ::haha::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, all caught up!!!!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving....

When you come back to MTT, make sure to go sign the petition to support Adam's performance in Singapore on New Year's Eve... Check out the thread for more details...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/we-w ... ign=button
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Funny you mentioned not stuffing a turkey, - my daughter asked whether anyone stuffed a turkey anymore. Always used to, but haven't in the past couple of years. It's just one more bit of stress to get the stuffing out of the bird. So we did two "dressings", a traditional one out of the bag with celery, onion and mushrooms, and a more intense "Grandma's Italian" with toasted country style bread, green olives, red swiss chard, pine nuts and egg.
My husband taught our son-in-law the fine art of carving a turkey. We had green beans, sauteed pears with bacon and walnuts, caramelized shallots with bourbon and maple syrup, mashed potatoes, (of course) and gravy. Pumpkin fritters and crab cakes. Somehow I lucked out and little 10 month old Nellie fell asleep in my arms, so I got out of the dish/pot washing.
A nice day with extended family. My oldest stayed in New England this year to have Thanksgiving with her hubby's family, but she made sure to send video of their nephews' attempt to make mashed potatoes.
Hope you all had wonderful family days for Thanksgiving.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Donna, Your Thanksgiving menu sounds quite yummy. The one good thing about having a large group, it leads to having many more tasty dishes to sample.

My turkey took a little longer to cook than I expected...I am used to using a cooking bag and forgot to buy one yesterday so my time calculation wasn't quite right. The good thing is we had plenty of food and we all ate too much!
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Do tell, what's a cooking bag? I made a big mistake quite a few years ago rubbing a chicken with butter, and having guests who kept Kosher. Since then, I've always used olive oil, no matter who was coming over. (Where was my head?)
I don't know what happened to Adam's turkey from his instagrams, but looks like they didn't tent it with aluminum foil to prevent too much browning and allow it to get to golden. But the rest of the spread looked yummy.
svca

Post by svca »

I thought Adam's turkey looked delish ::ninja::

My favorite part of the turkey is the brown skin....I used to stand there with whoever was carving turkey to steal the skin, especially the crispy one ::haha::

I know, I know, it's not healthy for you, but when you're a teen or in your 20's, or in your 30's, you don't care....now I don't do it QUITE as much anymore hee.
misswood

Post by misswood »

donnamb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 pm wrote:Do tell, what's a cooking bag? I made a big mistake quite a few years ago rubbing a chicken with butter, and having guests who kept Kosher. Since then, I've always used olive oil, no matter who was coming over. (Where was my head?)
I don't know what happened to Adam's turkey from his instagrams, but looks like they didn't tent it with aluminum foil to prevent too much browning and allow it to get to golden. But the rest of the spread looked yummy.
I agree with you, Donna. ::yes:: Adam should always 'tent it'.

Return to “Let's Talk!”