***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Love2Lurk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:37 am wrote:The British band Coldplay is part of the Super Bowl Half time show......Feb 7th !!

Bruno seems to be out....for now....

There is speculating more surprises to announce later......

Dare we hope for Queenbert ::wub::

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... _maro.html
I doubt Bruno would be doing it again. He just did it in 2014.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Paula » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:10 am wrote:
Love2Lurk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:37 am wrote:The British band Coldplay is part of the Super Bowl Half time show......Feb 7th !!

Yes, but his was one of the first names that was being tossed around a couple months ago when the buzz began about who the half time entertainment would be. They were saying he was going to curate the show with a number of other artists.

Coldplay is an interesting choice. I heard this morning that Beyonce is a possible guest appearance. They've collaborated on a song together, "Hymn for the Weekend".
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

marlock276 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 am wrote:Speaking of gun control, living in the south especially has taught me that there is a huge chunk of conservatives in this country who sincerely believe that they need to arm themselves against the government, in case it ever overreaches and becomes a dictatorship . . . weird and very paranoid to say the least. :(
I'm from the south, too. Stupidest argument ever!!! Unless we allow citizens to own sidewinder missiles, nuclear bombs and such, there's no way citizens are going to "protect themselves" from the U.S. Government. ::rolleyes::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Moonlightchiara » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am wrote:
Love2Lurk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 am wrote:The British band Coldplay is part of the Super Bowl Half time show......Feb 7th !!

I don't know. If they already have announced Coldplay, I doubt they would add another big name like Queen. But I don't ever watch football or the SuperBowl. Do they ever have multiple big names for the half time?
Sometimes there are several big names....so maybe ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

I rarely discuss political or religious issues since they are hot button topics,that can easily spiral into vicious arguments. But here goes....

In light of the recent tragedies, I am really having a hard time understanding how anyone can justify the easy access to guns in our country. Why are people so against harder background checks, unless they have something to hide. Why do people need a lot of guns,especially the automatic firing rifles? As someone up thread said, if your gun is locked away the way it is supposed to,be, then how would you be able to access it to "protect your family"?
But what really infuriates me, and the reason I am writing this post, is the ridiculous conspiracy theories that are going around. I just read that people consider that terrible tragedy, the Newtown school shootings, with all of those beautiful children (and staff) dead, to be a conspiracy, or a set up so the govt can push for gun control. I can not believe we have such stupid people here, and these are the ones who want total free access to guns. It is disgusting, and it is scary.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

bebeg » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 am wrote:

Yes, but his was one of the first names that was being tossed around a couple months ago when the buzz began about who the half time entertainment would be. They were saying he was going to curate the show with a number of other artists.

Coldplay is an interesting choice. I heard this morning that Beyonce is a possible guest appearance. They've collaborated on a song together, "Hymn for the Weekend".
yep ......that is why I mentioned Bruno ::flowers::

Beyoncé has done it before.....somewhere I read they may do a repeat of someone too ....

So....we shall see....I would love to see Queenbert be part of it ::thumbsup::

We shall see ::yes::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Coldplay is supposed to be the "rock" part of the show. I highly doubt they will be adding another "rock" act. Coldplay were also rumoured already last year (together with Katy Perry and Rihanna)
Obviously they are going with current artists.
I am expecting some solo artists - Rihanna, Beyonce or even Bruno Mars to join them.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

Moonlightchiara » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:46 pm wrote:I rarely discuss political or religious issues since they are hot button topics,that can easily spiral into vicious arguments. But here goes....

In light of the recent tragedies, I am really having a hard time understanding how anyone can justify the easy access to guns in our country. Why are people so against harder background checks, unless they have something to hide. Why do people need a lot of guns,especially the automatic firing rifles? As someone up thread said, if your gun is locked away the way it is supposed to,be, then how would you be able to access it to "protect your family"?
But what really infuriates me, and the reason I am writing this post, is the ridiculous conspiracy theories that are going around. I just read that people consider that terrible tragedy, the Newtown school shootings, with all of those beautiful children (and staff) dead, to be a conspiracy, or a set up so the govt can push for gun control. I can not believe we have such stupid people here, and these are the ones who want total free access to guns. It is disgusting, and it is scary.
It boggles the mind!

And as far as the Super Bowl, what would be better than Queen playing their iconic stadium songs We Will Rock You and We are the Champions during the 50th SB half-time?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

marlock276 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:
Moonlightchiara » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:46 pm wrote:I rarely discuss political or religious issues since they are hot button topics,that can easily spiral into vicious arguments. But here goes....

It boggles the mind!
It certainly does!
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:
bebeg » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 am wrote:

yep ......that is why I mentioned Bruno ::flowers::

Beyoncé has done it before.....somewhere I read they may do a repeat of someone too ....

So....we shall see....I would love to see Queenbert be part of it ::thumbsup::

We shall see ::yes::
Yes, it would be great to see Queenbert be a part of it, but they are iconic headliners, so I am afraid you won't see them this year. But maybe there is hope for Adam if he isn't already booked somewhere. I'd be ecstactic with that! ::grin::
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Adam has covered up his Infinity tattoo.

Since it had a special meaning for him (connection with his fans) I am surprised that he obviously wants to have it removed. I hope that black thing will be morphing into something different.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

What an amazing statement to the power of the human spirit!!!!

thehill 1h1 hour ago
Eagles of Death Metal to perform in Paris, less than a month after terrorist attack on show: http://hill.cm/QZLGz5X

"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

So, listening to the concert clips, I've decided that There I Said It is my new Soaked....cannot get enough of that song. I loved it from the first time I heard it on the album, and I love the attitude Adam puts into it singing it live. Every time I hear it it makes me tear up ::crying::

And is it bad that I can't stop watching Girl Crush? I forgot to tell you guys about my coworker's reaction to this duet. She knows who Adam is, but says he's too "girly" for her tastes. Which I can sort of understand, as her hubby is about 6'6" and over 400 lbs lol. I can see where Adam wouldn't be to her taste, especially since she only remembers him from the early days.

Anyway, I told her I was really excited about this duet and she commented that she was taping the show, and she could fast forward through his performance. Wasn't sure if she was teasing me or not, so I decided to let it go ::angry::

So the next day, I didn't ask her if she watched, didn't want a snide comment, but she brought it up. Said "I watched Adam sing last night" so I asked her what she thought. She thought he looked really handsome, his voice is high like a girl's, but his singing is "heart wrenching", "emotional", and the duet was amazing.

::woohoo:: ::woohoo:: ::wootdance:: ::wootdance::

Don't think she would ever go to a concert, or buy a CD, she's a country fan, but I'll take it ! She now understands why I love him so much. ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Ooooof!!!! All caught up! Going to bed at 4:30 a.m. isn't the greatest thing... ::haha::

But everything is up-to-date.

Tweets
Video lists for Phoenix and San Diego
Info for tonight's show in Vegas

Now, 'breakfast'... ::hysterical::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm shameless in my pursuit of streamers.... ::crylaugh::

mmadamimadamm 5m5 minutes ago
STILL LOOKING FOR AN AUDIO STREAMER FOR BOCA RATON ON DECEMBER 12

ASKING FOR A FRIEND...
CLICK HERE:

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

EntertainmentTonight ‏@etnow 55m55 minutes ago
Simon Cowell was burglarized while sleeping at home with his family in London. http://ow.ly/VxMXW

Not only was he burglarized, he is coming back to the US to replace Howard Stern on America's Got Talent!

Can't wait to see that! ::grin:: Should make things interesting. ::haha::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK... All caught up... Ooooof!!!!

Off to eat 'breakfast'... ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

For anyone who may not have noticed, there is a new topic under the announcement section. I'm only mentioning it because I almost missed it myself. ::heart::
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

So disgusted with the grammies. Adam wasn't nominated for anything. ::livid::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Tiki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 am wrote:So disgusted with the grammies. Adam wasn't nominated for anything. ::livid::

I am disappointed too ::thumbdown::

Lost any respect for current ..... TPTB of the music business ::thumbdown::

I did see ... Girl Crush ..... Was nominated! !!

Would be nice if Little Big Town would invite Adam to perform with them ..... If they are invited to perform it on the show. ::wub::

However.... Not really expecting that ::rolleyes::

Return to “Let's Talk!”