***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

RHPS!!! I'm pumped. Yes it's not for everyone, but for those of us growing up at the time the film was released, it was a cult classic. Many a Friday or Saturday at midnight during my teen years I was at the movie theater in complete Magenta costume with all my props to watch this movie.

I'm glad that Adam is not playing Frank. Although I would love nothing better than to see him in a costume similar to the original one Tim Curry wore, it may not be the best career move. The Eddie part will be fabulous! IMHO. ::heart::
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

I've seen Rocky Horror at least 100 times! Such a blast going to the midnight showing every weekend with my besties in high school! We threw rice at the wedding in the opening scene, we also threw cards and toast at appropriate times, squirted water guns at the forward rows who had newspapers covering their heads (mimicking Brad and Janet running in the rain), I remember...doing the Time Warp (kick kick), shouting answer backs to lines throughout the movie like every time Dr. Everett Scott came on screen we'd yell "Where's your f*#%ing neck?" After Dr. FNF killed and served Eddie for dinner, we'd yell "Meatloaf againnnnn?" OMG we had so much fun! Some people dressed up and acted out the movie up front.

I have always dreamed of, and would DIE to see Adam as Dr. FNF, but understand entirely why he turned it down. Frikkin conservative bigoted backwoods #MURICA ::argh::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I am so excited for this too !!!

Adam will be perfect as Eddie ::thumbsup::

I am hoping with the reimagining of RHPS.....

'Eddie'....will have more stage time than the original ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Paula

Post by Paula »

He may have also turned it down due to scheduling. We know how busy he is this year, and filming a movie takes time.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Whatever the reason was that he turned down the role, I'm really glad that he did. Don't get me wrong, I would have killed to see him as Frank. The role is huge and he would have carried the whole movie. Maybe he wasn't sure enough of his acting chops. Glee kind of freaked him out at first too. If it all went to hell in a handbasket, he would have been blamed for RHPS's failure. It was a wise move on his part IMO to play Eddie instead. This whole experience will, I believe, open him up for more opportunities and I am looking forward to them. ::woohoo::

So happy that a few members here "get" the RHPS. Feels like finding my tribe. ::wub:: ::haha::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I posted a pic in the RHPS thread that "Brad and Janet" are already in rehearsal... So I don't think that even if Adam had wanted to he could have been Frank... He's busy touring the world with his music!

::winking::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

::icant:: ::hysterical:: ::icant:: ::hysterical::

citygirl36
Oic I have a much better understanding of Chokehold now.

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 am wrote:Marie, did you bring that in here to show us what'll happen if we do or don't support MTT?

A kind of two-in-one lesson maybe ?? ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

::whistle:: ::whistle::

I LIKE the way you teach us lessons, teach ::icecream:: ::icecream::
Oh, crap! Wrong thread!!!!! ::friendsLOL::
"It is what it is!"
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

madamimadam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:14 am wrote:I posted a pic in the RHPS thread that "Frank and Janet" are already in rehearsal... So I don't think that even if Adam had wanted to he could have been Frank... He's busy touring the world with his music!

That was a pic of the actors playing Brad and Janet, not Frank, although I'm sure Laverne Cox is also in rehearsal. They announced Laverne Cox as the lead many months ago, so they must have offered it to Adam even before then, before his calendar got so full. I'm sure if he had said yes, scheduling could have been arranged on both ends.

IMHO, I'm convinced he & his team felt he HAD to turn it down, since it seems he's finally making some progress "repairing" his image and expanding his fan base in #MURICA after that "gasp" AMA performance. The Dr. FNF role, no matter how fabulous he would be, and how many awards he might win for it, would be polarizing for much of the American public. ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:09 am wrote:
svca » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 am wrote:Marie, did you bring that in here to show us what'll happen if we do or don't support MTT?

A kind of two-in-one lesson maybe ?? ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

::whistle:: ::whistle::

I LIKE the way you teach us lessons, teach ::icecream:: ::icecream::
Oh, crap! Wrong thread!!!!! ::friendsLOL::
Oh, I don't know....I kinda liked it there lol....beats that nasty nun you're always threatening us with ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::

And word, Aviddem...I think that FNF role would really, really set him back, unfortunately (judging by pics I've seen)...although he would so totally rock that look and the role ::yes:: ::yes::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Aviddem » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 am wrote:
madamimadam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:14 am wrote:I posted a pic in the RHPS thread that "Brad and Janet" are already in rehearsal... So I don't think that even if Adam had wanted to he could have been Frank... He's busy touring the world with his music!

That was a pic of the actors playing Brad and Janet, not Frank, although I'm sure Laverne Cox is also in rehearsal. They announced Laverne Cox as the lead many months ago, so they must have offered it to Adam even before then, before his calendar got so full. I'm sure if he had said yes, scheduling could have been arranged on both ends.

IMHO, I'm convinced he & his team felt he HAD to turn it down, since it seems he's finally making some progress "repairing" his image and expanding his fan base in #MURICA after that "gasp" AMA performance. The Dr. FNF role, no matter how fabulous he would be, and how many awards he might win for it, would be polarizing for much of the American public. ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::
You're right! I corrected my post... I blame lack of sleep... AKA Adam!!!! ::hysterical::

ETA: And you have a valid point about 'repairing' his image....
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

OH??? Adam keeping you up at night ?????? Do tell...we want the dirty deets ::grin:: ::devil:: ::icecream:: ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:52 am wrote:OH??? Adam keeping you up at night ?????? Do tell...we want the dirty deets ::grin:: ::devil:: ::icecream:: ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana::
Have you checked the EST times for the danged shows? Those are MY times!!!!

http://www.adamlambertmtt.com/calendar/month.php

::coffee::
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I dont think Frank suits Adam anyway. Eddie is far better. More challenging acting wise too for him. I dont think lead is what he wants any way. Supporting role is perfect. I like hes not doing a role that's stereotypical, like it would be with Frank. And I agree re repairing his image.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

I have always wanted to see Adam as Frank but agree with you all saying he has come so far since the AMA's it may have been a misstep to play. Also, there are not enough screen guards in the world to keep the drool from completely ruining our electronic devices.

Although I would have never picked him for Eddie, he will kill it and stupid backwoods America will not be offended by his performance at all.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Aviddem » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:11 am wrote:
madamimadam » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:14 am wrote:I posted a pic in the RHPS thread that "Frank and Janet" are already in rehearsal... So I don't think that even if Adam had wanted to he could have been Frank... He's busy touring the world with his music!

Exactly how i feel. ::yes::
svca

Post by svca »

Hmm, Adam could really rock those high heels and stockings, with those long, long legs of his....he could even keep the beard.

I look at Conchita, and think she's the most gorgeous woman....beard and all.

Maybe a costume for another concert tour....10 years or so in the future ::haha::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

I find it interesting that some of you are talking about the americans who would be offended if he did Frank. Those people aren't the audience for this show so they won't even be watching. The audience for Rocky Horror isn't offended by much.

I don't think offending or not offending people had anything to do with his decision to not do the part. I think he's been moving in a different direction and it's just not something he wants to do right now. And honestly, do any of you think he'd be comfortable wearing that costume? He's just now showing off his arms.....

I also think timing was an issue. The part of Eddie won't require him to be on set as much as Laverne will be playing Frank.
svca

Post by svca »

bebeg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 pm wrote:I find it interesting that some of you are talking about the americans who would be offended if he did Frank. Those people aren't the audience for this show so they won't even be watching. The audience for Rocky Horror isn't offended by much.

I don't think offending or not offending people had anything to do with his decision to not do the part. I think he's been moving in a different direction and it's just not something he wants to do right now. And honestly, do any of you think he'd be comfortable wearing that costume? He's just now showing off his arms.....

I also think timing was an issue. The part of Eddie won't require him to be on set as much as Laverne will be playing Frank.
I was just having fun with the Adam-in-stockings image, but I agree, he wouldn't be comfortable, at least not at this stage in his life.

I think the uber tight silver pants, bare chest era is a thing of the past ::tongue::

I'll pretty much take him however...as long as he keeps singing ::clap::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I do agree with the timing issue for Adam ::thumbup::

I also agree....Adam is very shy & may not have wanted to wear that costume.....

However.....possibly He would rather avoid the negative comments that are sure to come from the ....haters....if he were to play the character of Dr.FNF :(

I could be wrong....I just feel Adam has worked very hard to maintain a more grown up image for himself ::wub::

Even though he would be awesome as DrFNF...He will also be awesome as Eddie ::thumbsup::

I am just happy he is part of this live production !!! ::thumbsup:: ::clapbig:: ::wub::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]

Return to “Let's Talk!”