***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

While I didn't enjoy Gaga's performance it is exactly what I expected from her. I saw it as her trying to imitate him and not pay tribute to him.

Adele - knew instantly that something was wrong. There was a strange 'guitar' out of tune sound that wasn't suppose to be there and I could see she knew it. Turns out it was a microphone that fell into the piano.

Loved the Lionel Richie tribute. He and his music make me smile.

Other favorites - Tori/James sounded great together, another great performance of Girl Crush from Little Big Town, the BB King tribute -- love Chris Stapleton.
squaresquare

Post by squaresquare »

Best performance at Grammy for me was the musical "Hamilton"; and I don't even like hip-hop music. ::grin::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Just wanted you guys know that I went out of 'character' on twitter where I'm usually the 'eternal cheerleader' to post this...

mmadamimadamm
When good people get chased off social media by judgmental pearl clutchers!

Sometimes this fandom can disappoint me! Rare, but it happens!

mmadamimadamm
I thought long and hard about expanding on this, but maybe it will create a kinder fandom.

TWITLONGER

"Yesterday, at my request, @AdamSauli4Ever started making twitter lists for the TOHT UK/Europe and QAL concerts. He had already done the USA TOHT leg of the tour. He graciously agreed... He then tweeted me that some people had already created twitter lists for particular venues. I told him to ask for their permissions to integrate their lists into his. Most agreed without a fuss, except one: @AL_Nachrichten. So I told him to let her be and just add whoever would tweet him about their attendance. This conversation ensued:

AL_Nachrichten 23h23 hours ago
@AdamSauli4Ever I want to keep mine. As a German Fan account I did them for the German shows only and I'm adding people for a while already

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever what's the probelm with twitter accounts from the respective countries host the twitterlist? why would you

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever want to create several lists? Don't you think people are capable of finding the lists or what is it?

mmadamimadamm
@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever It is by far easier to have one 'go to' person to get all the lists from all the countries/cities from. (c)

mmadamimadamm 23h23 hours ago
@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever To have individual countries create their own (and only in some cases) makes it difficult to keep up.

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever no, it doesn't. It worked like that quite well for years, didn't it? If you are concerned that people don't

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever find a list they're looking for, why not just spread the link to my list?

@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever Adam will be in 31 different countries this year... One go-to person keeping twitter lists makes sense!

@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever It doesn't preclude you keeping your own list if you wish though! :)

@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever I will. You tweet out your list when the time comes and I'll rt it just like I will @AdamSauli4Ever's.

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever yeah, whatever. Everyone can create lists as they wish :)

@AL_Nachrichten Which is my point. Instead of having to be on the lookout for individual twitter lists for each country @AdamSauli4Ever ...

@AL_Nachrichten ... I know I have @AdamSauli4Ever to count on for ALL venues. If individual twitter lists for particular venues pop up...

@AL_Nachrichten I'll RT those as well, but I'm not concerned about finding each of them if I have one main go to person. @AdamSauli4Ever

@AdamSauli4Ever @AL_Nachrichten Adam's fandom is one of sharing and making it easy for everyone. That's my goal here. :)

@mmadamimadamm yeah, I get it. As a side note, @AdamSauli4Ever as Twitter name is not representative of Adam fandom + not appropriate, imo

@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever OY! If we go that route, I can give you a boatload of 'inappropriate' twitter names! ROFLMAO!

@mmadamimadamm @AdamSauli4Ever I know, I'm not new to fandom. Doesn' mean I have to like/encourage/support it.

@AL_Nachrichten @AdamSauli4Ever Live and let live is my motto... YMV... :)

After that exchange, @AdamSauli4Ever has shut down his twitter account, his blog and walked away from social media. He had over 55K tweets and had been a long-time Adam fan. He had worked hard to get all the USA twitter lists done and had done so for the benefit of the fandom with no expectation of glory for it.

It breaks my heart to see someone's sanctimonious personal attacks make a giving and generous fan find it necessary to walk away.

Adam is all about love and respecting people's differences. Most of his fans feel the same way.

I thought long and hard about posting this, but I feel that, maybe, it will make people think twice about being judgmental about trivial things (such as a twitter name) and especially AIRING those judgmental feelings.

We all have had times when we rolled our eyes at a tweet or tweets... Do we need to share the eye rolling on line? I don't think so... If you wouldn't 'say something to someone's face', perhaps it means you should keep your comments to yourself."

"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

ANNOYED a bit though. If Adam got the opportunity. It would of made him s household name. He would of killed it. And showed the soul.and spirit of Bowie Gaga was lacking. If this wss any other gaga performance I would be ok. But after her Sound of music performance. Dont know expected more.
misswood

Post by misswood »

If @AL thinks @Adamsauli4ever is innappropiate, then I wonder what the hell she thinks about @GlamAnus?! ::fearful::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

misswood » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:If @AL thinks @Adamsauli4ever is innappropiate, then I wonder what the hell she thinks about @GlamAnus?! ::fearful::

And lets not forget the ever elegant GlamCunt he responded to a little back. ::hysterical:: ::whistle::
misswood

Post by misswood »

Carmi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:20 pm wrote:
misswood » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:If @AL thinks @Adamsauli4ever is innappropiate, then I wonder what the hell she thinks about @GlamAnus?! ::fearful::

And lets not forget the ever elegant GlamCunt he responded to a little back. ::hysterical:: ::whistle::
::fearful:: ....and isn't there a @adamsglambulgie or something stupid like that?
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

What Happened? Haha. Anyway hoping Adams nominated next year. But won't hold my breathe.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

misswood » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 pm wrote:

::fearful:: ....and isn't there a @adamsglambulgie or something stupid like that?

Oh yes. There are many "bulge" accounts out there. ::haha::
misswood

Post by misswood »

or maybe it was @adamsbigbulge ::unsure::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:24 pm wrote:

Exactly! ::haha::

And I've checked, she doesn't consider that what she tweeted is bullying or that there's anything wrong with her... Even got a few of her 'sidekicks' to let me know I was going to cause HER some bullying with my 'not being able to let it go'....

*shakes head*
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

@littleadam4ever ? ::unsure::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

So weird... Shosh had a rant of her own about social media...

shoshannastone 2h2 hours ago
There are elements of truth in Stephen Fry's take on Twitter

'A stalking ground for the sanctimoniously self-righteous who love to second-guess, to leap to conclusions and be offended '

'-worse, to be offended on behalf of others they do not even know'

Butttttt as with everything, it's a mixture of a lot of things and everyone uses it differently
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Hate bulling . ::thumbdown::
Hope that twitter person comes back ::flowers::
We need twitter list for concert its makes it so easy to collect media for example us in here and on other fan forums .

ok time for my sleep ::sleep::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:04 pm wrote:Hate bulling . ::thumbdown::
Hope that twitter person comes back ::flowers::
We need twitter list for concert its makes it so easy to collect media for example us in here and on other fan forums .

ok time for my sleep ::sleep::
He's back with a different account... It's all in the OP of the TOHT General thread. ::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

::thumbup::
Smart man just saw it .

::highfive::

Makes it so much easier for us who like to collect things /organize ::yes::
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

I love Boy George.... and I like the guys voice. ::yes::

Singer Wows "The Voice UK" — And Boy George — With Stunning "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" Cover http://logo.to/1olJWsy via @NewNowNext

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SKs7WZkMu0[/bbvideo]
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

3ku1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:28 pm wrote:What Happened? Haha. Anyway hoping Adams nominated next year. But won't hold my breathe.
unless he releases a new album or a lead single from a new album before the end of September he won't have anything eligible for next year's grammys...whatever the third single is (toh? or whatever) would technically be eligible but it is super extraordinarily rare for a single to get nominated after the year of album eligibility ...just doesn't happen...and when it does it generally only happens when the album was a huge blockbuster and the grammys want an excuse to nominate the artist again the next year (like when Adele or beyonce have been nominated for live versions of songs)...
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

squaresquare » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 pm wrote:Best performance at Grammy for me was the musical "Hamilton"; and I don't even like hip-hop music. ::grin::

you should check out the soundtrack....its up on spotify and elsewhere...it is fantastic...I've seen the show, but the soundtrack is a terrific standalone album regardless of whether you have seen the show or not. The Roots did a fantastic job producing it...and its not all hip hop -- while its definitely a hip hop show, there are also beatlesesque numbers, girl group numbers, and a plain old broadway show tunes type number. The lyrics are just brilliant...every time I listen I'm just, damn, Lin Manuel how did you think of that?
svca

Post by svca »

May I be the first to wish the lovely Marie a very, very HAPPY BIRTHDAY ::flowers:: ::flowers::

May your day be filled with everything lovely and wonderful and lots of Adam.

I've "known" you for a few years now and you bring sunshine and happiness to my life simply by being you and by how much you love Adam. ::wub:: ::wub::

Love you, girl, and wish you the very best. ::heart:: ::heart::

::hugkissblush:: ::hugkissblush:: ::hugkissblush:: ::hugkissblush::

Return to “Let's Talk!”