***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 am wrote:OK, off to the doctor for my yearly checkup.... Had to shave my legs!!!!!! The Struggle!

::crylaugh::
GRRRRRR!!!!! Just got home. The secretary screwed up my appointment (a longer one required for yearly checkup), so I waited for my turn to be told he couldn't do it!

Have to go back on Thursday morning....

::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::
"It is what it is!"
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

So he will be in China, Sweden and Poland in one week? How does he do it? I can pass out just thinking about all his travels. ::wacko:: ::haha::

Voice of Poland on Saturday. Live performance. ::clapbig::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Carmi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:36 am wrote:So he will be in China, Sweden and Poland in one week? How does he do it? I can pass out just thinking about all his travels. ::wacko:: ::haha::

OMG! Busy Adam is Happy Adam! Conquering the world with music, charm, beauty and great hair!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Calendar and all threads are up-to-date.

NEW ADDITIONS TODAY:

2 QAL CONCERTS
2 TOH CONCERTS
THE VOICE OF POLAND

OOOOOF!!!!! I need a nap!!!!! ::zzzzz::
"It is what it is!"
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

hotouthere » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:40 pm wrote:
Carmi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:36 am wrote:So he will be in China, Sweden and Poland in one week? How does he do it? I can pass out just thinking about all his travels. ::wacko:: ::haha::

OMG! Busy Adam is Happy Adam! Conquering the world with music, charm, beauty and great hair!

Yes he is! ::wootdance::

This was WBR vision for him. Worldwide Superstar. ::thumbsup::

I need to vent a wee bit...It makes me ill to see a very small handful of US fans bitching about the new QAL developments. It's HIS career and what he decides to do with it is his business. Not anyone else. If you are not enjoying the ride he has us on, maybe it's time to get off the train imo. The US has many, many one offs being offered with these radio shows that are coming up. While they might not be a full on tour show, they are still great opportunities to see him and hear TOH songs. Trespassing era was the same way.

I am not in anyway saying that I prefer QAL to his own music at all. I love all aspects of his career and Queen is a big part of that.

My perspective has always been to be happy for HIM. He is living his dream of performing for audiences. If he is in my neck of the woods and I can see him, great! If not, then I am happy for others around the world to hear his voice too.

Thanks for indulging me with my venting. I had to get it out. ::flowers::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Carmi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:13 pm wrote:
Yes he is! ::wootdance::

This was WBR vision for him. Worldwide Superstar. ::thumbsup::

I need to vent a wee bit...It makes me ill to see a very small handful of US fans bitching about the new QAL developments. It's HIS career and what he decides to do with it is his business. Not anyone else. If you are not enjoying the ride he has us on, maybe it's time to get off the train imo. The US has many, many one offs being offered with these radio shows that are coming up. While they might not be a full on tour show, they are still great opportunities to see him and hear TOH songs. Trespassing era was the same way.

I am not in anyway saying that I prefer QAL to his own music at all. I love all aspects of his career and Queen is a big part of that.

My perspective has always been to be happy for HIM. He is living his dream of performing for audiences. If he is in my neck of the woods and I can see him, great! If not, then I am happy for others around the world to hear his voice too.

Thanks for indulging me with my venting. I had to get it out. ::flowers::
I agree with you 100%, Carmi! And I'm sure that next summer, he will be touring the U.S. with TOH Tour.

I, too, get a kick of all the adventures Adam is experiencing....

In this week's episode of "As Adam's World Turns"....

He conquers...

China
Sweden
Poland

Stay tuned for next week's episode!

And for good measure, he will appear on TV on Saturday:

China: 80s Talk Show
Poland: The Voice of Poland

Yup! His team sucks... NOT!

::wub:: ::heart:: ::wub:: ::heart:: ::wub::
"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

The "whiners" forget that Adam and his team had already an US tour planned - with Demi starting at the end of June.
So the timing was perfect - first Asia, OZ/NZ and Europe, then some festivals with Queen, after that US and then (my assumption) South Africa/South America. Demi and her team destroyed this planning.
So now his team has to plan something different and that takes time. They are obviously open to touring with someone else but those opportunities do not happen overnight.
QAL was planned long ahead and has nothing to do with his US tour. I even could imagine they were booked as a package for RiR 2015/2016.

At the moment I do not expect an announcement for an US tour, people have to be patient.
And it looks like Warner spoke the truth when they claimed to present him as an "international" star. I am very pleased that he is not dependent on one market.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I love that WBR and his management and Billboard have entrusted Adam to represent them in all of these endeavors. What an honor for him to be treated like a GROWN ASS MAN!

He isn't YET the biggest, richest pop star but I think he has gained a lot of respect for not only being extremely talented but also for how serious he is regarding the "business" end of the music business as well as his willingness, ability, drive and ambition to do the job. He isn't letting anything diminish his determination to accomplish his goals.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I took a disco nap.... that lasted well over 2 hours! ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, ate dinner, have coffee.... Mid-size spam spree coming your way....

::tomato::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, you may now put down the rotten tomatoes... I'm done! ::yes::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Ok, this is just a teeny tiny mini rant....but I am so sick and tired of people posting on facebook (or wherever) "I just can't understand way Adam isn't more successful in the US" or " I just don't understand why radio doesn't play Adam's music", etc., etc.

Or any other variety of responses to his latest facebook post.

Is that a passive-aggressive way of saying, sorry Adam, but we think you're a failure?

In light of how much he's accomplished in the last 6 years, couldn't people concentrate on that? It's like telling your kids that you'fd sure they'll do better than that A- on their next test.

Sorry, but it drives me NUTS!!!!

Ok, rant over....taking deep breath now....

I love him, and I'm so, so proud of him and everything that he's accomplished ::wub:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:Ok, this is just a teeny tiny mini rant....but I am so sick and tired of people posting on facebook (or wherever) "I just can't understand way Adam isn't more successful in the US" or " I just don't understand why radio doesn't play Adam's music", etc., etc.

Is that a passive-aggressive way of saying, sorry Adam, but we think you're a failure?

In light of how much he's accomplished in the last 6 years, couldn't people concentrate on that? It's like telling your kids that you'fd sure they'll do better than that A- on their next test.

I love him, and I'm so, so proud of him and everything that he's accomplished ::wub:: ::wub::

You should have met my Dad!!!! ::hysterical::

I did Grade 1, jumped Grade 2, did Grades 3 and 4, jumped Grade 5 and got put in a combined Grades 6 and 7 class... I finished the year with 99.8%.... My dad's reaction.... Where did you lose the .2%! I kid you not!!!!!

::friendsLOL::
"It is what it is!"
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

madamimadam » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:37 am wrote:
svca » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:Ok, this is just a teeny tiny mini rant....but I am so sick and tired of people posting on facebook (or wherever) "I just can't understand way Adam isn't more successful in the US" or " I just don't understand why radio doesn't play Adam's music", etc., etc.

You should have met my Dad!!!! ::hysterical::

I did Grade 1, jumped Grade 2, did Grades 3 and 4, jumped Grade 5 and got put in a combined Grades 6 and 7 class... I finished the year with 99.8%.... My dad's reaction.... Where did you lose the .2%! I kid you not!!!!!

::friendsLOL::

WOW! I'm impressed!! Smart lady! BTW, I think your dad was kidding, lol.

I don't think those people are saying they think Adam is a failure. I've thought and said the same things, and I think he's had great success. My point is what is wrong with our (US) radio stations that they don't play this obviously mega talented man's music as much as they should. It is a comment on the radio stations, not on Adam.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

What a day yesterday
TOH tour Astonia Finland

Quennbert ::heart::
Sweden
Lisboa

And a lot in China

and now more China today

::clap:: ::clapbig:: ::clap::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

RIR again? Diddn't they just do that haha? Tough schedule. But I am sure US tour well happen. I think Demi was lined up, and that fell through. So kinda screwed up US tour plans, that is prob why their is no US tour atm. That and the single GT did better internationally then the States. He can do both so what's the issue here? Headlining festivals in other wise without Queen he would never do.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Good morning!!!!! Something to brighten up your day... #NotAdam ::hysterical::

"It is what it is!"
nica575

Post by nica575 »

3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am wrote:RIR again? Diddn't they just do that haha? Tough schedule. But I am sure US tour well happen. I think Demi was lined up, and that fell through. So kinda screwed up US tour plans, that is prob why their is no US tour atm. That and the single GT did better internationally then the States. He can do both so what's the issue here? Headlining festivals in other wise without Queen he would never do.
I am sure you know Shosh said the US and the UK GT sales were the largest, so it seems the US numbers were and are pretty good ::thumbsup:: We'll see if and what kind of tour we get here but I sure hope he doesn't end up opening for anyone like DL ...what a travesty would that be! I know I am an extreme case but I would not pay to go see him if the majority of my $s go to another performer... I would rather have him headline a theater based tour than see him in arenas filled with fans of others...
(I am well aware of the "expand the fan base argument" but I am not convinced any opening act gains those fans)
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

nica575 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am wrote:RIR again? Diddn't they just do that haha? Tough schedule. But I am sure US tour well happen. I think Demi was lined up, and that fell through. So kinda screwed up US tour plans, that is prob why their is no US tour atm. That and the single GT did better internationally then the States. He can do both so what's the issue here? Headlining festivals in other wise without Queen he would never do.
I am sure you know Shosh said the US and the UK GT sales were the largest, so it seems the US numbers were and are pretty good ::thumbsup:: We'll see if and what kind of tour we get here but I sure hope he doesn't end up opening for anyone like DL ...what a travesty would that be! I know I am an extreme case but I would not pay to go see him if the majority of my $s go to another performer... I would rather have him headline a theater based tour than see him in arenas filled with fans of others...
(I am well aware of the "expand the fan base argument" but I am not convinced any opening act gains those fans)
I don't think it was ever a case of "Adam opening for" anybody. More a co-headliners type of thing.... IMHO....
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

nica575 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:
I'm with you on this. As much as I love Adam, I wouldn't shell out big bucks to see him play 3 or 4 songs. I'd shell out the big bucks for his own tour, though!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

Return to “Let's Talk!”