Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:I'm glad y'all fixed some things. ::smile:: I don't get the "webpage can't be displayed" messages any more...and I don't have to click on everything twice now. That was really getting on my nerves.
Feint praise, but we'll take it!!!!

::hello::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

I think posting the link to beginning of each day's sea of red is good idea without bringing everything into the individual threads. I said it before that I like having the sea of red thread to skim through each day while I don't need to see everything in the individual threads. It reduces the work for you and avoids a ton of duplication.

I vote for the yellow transfer notation. ::thumbsup::
svca

Suggestions and Comments

Post by svca »

I like the idea of having a link that takes you to that day's posts in the Red Sea, Marie.

Ooh, I just noticed all the goodies on top of the reply box....hmmmm, we need a play thread so we can try out all the fun stuff! ::wheee:: ::wheee::
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

I noticed that you added "Location:" under our Avi but I can't figure out where to add it. I looked everywhere in my profile settings. ::think::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:I noticed that you added "Location:" under our Avi but I can't figure out where to add it. I looked everywhere in my profile settings. ::think::
We're working on it. We have access to add it but Vamp is trying to figure out how to let you guys have access to that field in your User Control Panels.

In the meantime, all new registrations now have that field as a mandatory field to fill out, if only to give an idea of their time zone...

If you give me what you want to put in for location, I'll go fill it for you.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

As a matter of fact, anyone who wants any or all of these fields filled, just give me your information:

Facebook:
Twitter:
Google+:

You see if you click on the white bubble under contact in my avi area, you have access to my PM's or twitter account?
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Suggestions and Comments

Post by misswood »

madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:
misswood » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:I'm glad y'all fixed some things. ::smile:: I don't get the "webpage can't be displayed" messages any more...and I don't have to click on everything twice now. That was really getting on my nerves.

I'm sorry, Marie. I didn't mean to sound rude. ::ninja:: I think the board looks great. I noticed you've added more smilies, including my w.p. hat. ::party::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:58 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:

I'm sorry, Marie. I didn't mean to sound rude. ::ninja:: I think the board looks great. I noticed you've added more smilies, including my w.p. hat. ::party::
No problem... and your infamous 'flat face' which none of us could figure out what you were talking about and your woot wave!

Have fun playing with the bells and whistles... Some really nice new features!

::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

OK, guys... Here's the verdict... at the end of the Sea of Red thread, I will post the 'first post of the day' link... Clicking on it will bring you to the first post of the day ON THE SAME TAB as you are, which makes sense. If you want it on a different tab, Ctrl-Click.

The tiles of the posts are now in yellow so it's easy to scroll through... Some posts are really long-assed today because I brought in stuff from as far back as Friday around 6:00 p.m. when the board was getting ready to migrate.

I have posted 600 tweets that I had accumulated and my favorites are now empty!!!!

YAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::banana:: ::wheee::

If you want to go further back (after a few days of this new method), go to the end of the thread, click on the link for the first post of the day, right above that post will be the previous day's link, and so on and so forth....

That's the best I can do, guys... Adam's schedule has been nuts and is about to get even crazier. I only have so many hours in a day!

::coffee:: ::yawn:: ::zzzzz:: ::coffee::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:11 pm wrote:As a matter of fact, anyone who wants any or all of these fields filled, just give me your information:

Facebook:
Twitter:
Google+:

You see if you click on the white bubble under contact in my avi area, you have access to my PM's or twitter account?
Just making sure everyone sees this....
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

Wonder if the title of this thread should also include "Help"?

I wanted to copy a post from the Sea of Red thread to another thread. Since there was no way to quote those posts, I decided to copy and paste. I thought about it for a while because I didn't know how to go to grab both the wording and the image in one attempt. The only solution I could find was to open the forum in a second tab and copy from the original post to the open Reply.

Is there a better way to do this?

Also, is there a way to post a quote from a different thread?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm wrote:Wonder if the title of this thread should also include "Help"?

I wanted to copy a post from the Sea of Red thread to another thread. Since there was no way to quote those posts, I decided to copy and paste. I thought about it for a while because I didn't know how to go to grab both the wording and the image in one attempt. The only solution I could find was to open the forum in a second tab and copy from the original post to the open Reply.

I'm not sure. I'll ask Vamp.

You can't quote posts from the Sea of Red?

The way I've been doing Quotes, is while I'm in the thread where the original post is, I click on "Quote", Ctrl-A (to select the whole thing), Ctrl-C (to copy the selected text), go to whatever forum I want it to be and "Add Reply", Ctrl-V (to paste the whole thing).

I'll find out for you though.

ETA: I changed the title of this thread! Excellent suggestion! ::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
vampfever
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by vampfever »

madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm wrote:Wonder if the title of this thread should also include "Help"?

The way I've been doing Quotes, is while I'm in the thread where the original post is, I click on "Quote", Ctrl-A (to select the whole thing), Ctrl-C (to copy the selected text), go to whatever forum I want it to be and "Add Reply", Ctrl-V (to paste the whole thing).

It could be because it is a locked thread.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

vampfever » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:09 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:

It could be because it is a locked thread.
I can unlock it. I think people got the message that NOBODY IS TO POST IN THERE.

But quoting posts FROM it should be doable.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions, Comments and Help

Post by hotouthere »

When I look at that thread the is no quotation mark (") in the upper right corner.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:13 pm wrote:When I look at that thread the is no quotation mark (") in the upper right corner.
OK, hold plz... Let me go unlock it to see if you can quote posts from there.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, go try now.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

The "quote" is now showing up but when I press it, it also opens the reply box and at that point, I can't move to another thread to post it.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:The "quote" is now showing up but when I press it, it also opens the reply box and at that point, I can't move to another thread to post it.
I know. That's why I copy the whole thing. Close the reply box. Go to the thread where I want it. Add reply, paste the whole thing... It will have the "Quote" information and will be in a pink box in whatever thread you post it.

Go grab one and bring it here. ::grin::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:The "quote" is now showing up but when I press it, it also opens the reply box and at that point, I can't move to another thread to post it.
I know. That's why I copy the whole thing. Close the reply box. Go to the thread where I want it. Add reply, paste the whole thing... It will have the "Quote" information and will be in a pink box in whatever thread you post it.

Go grab one and bring it here. ::grin::
Ok, I'll try again.

Return to “Let's Talk!”