Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

bebeg

Post by bebeg »

rustycat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 am wrote:
bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:25 am wrote:
Sabine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 am wrote:mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog
FOX is calling the @AdamLambert appearance a "very special final performance" in the PR so maybe he's not coming back for the finale?

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog
There's nothing in the press release about @AdamLambert judging or mentoring. Just performing.

No clue how reliable she is.
Now that he's performing next week I wouldn't expect that he will also perform on finale night. That would be a bit odd. I do, however, still expect him to be at the retrospective show and be in attendance on finale night.

Either way....Adam is once again performing on Idol. I'm pretty sure he's the only former contestant to appear in some capacity each and every year after he competed....right?

Adam is singing on national tv next week!!!! ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo:: ::clapbig::

I don't know that there is any indication that the retrospective show is a live event. I thought it was a filmed special where they would show the history of the show. I highly doubt that Adam is going to show up for Idol live 2x during finale week. I think he had told billboard that he would be at the finale but that was a month or two ago and Adam may have conflated finale with appearance on final season and didn't really mean he would be at finale. given the break in his tour schedule most suspected he would be doing either Idol or RHPS next week; and then whichever one wasn't scheduled for next week he would do finale week. Given that RHPS is filming finale week he probably needs to be in Toronto. Or he could turn up at either the finale or retrospective (if live) .
I assumed the retrospective was live when Kris had to re-schedule some concert dates because Idol asked him to be a part of the three-day finale.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:30 am wrote:
FOX is calling the @AdamLambert appearance a "very special final performance" in the PR so maybe he's not coming back for the finale?

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog
There's nothing in the press release about @AdamLambert judging or mentoring. Just performing.

Now that he's performing next week I wouldn't expect that he will also perform on finale night. That would be a bit odd. I do, however, still expect him to be at the retrospective show and be in attendance on finale night.

Either way....Adam is once again performing on Idol. I'm pretty sure he's the only former contestant to appear in some capacity each and every year after he competed....right?

Adam is singing on national tv next week!!!! ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo:: ::clapbig::

I don't know that there is any indication that the retrospective show is a live event. I thought it was a filmed special where they would show the history of the show. I highly doubt that Adam is going to show up for Idol live 2x during finale week. I think he had told billboard that he would be at the finale but that was a month or two ago and Adam may have conflated finale with appearance on final season and didn't really mean he would be at finale. given the break in his tour schedule most suspected he would be doing either Idol or RHPS next week; and then whichever one wasn't scheduled for next week he would do finale week. Given that RHPS is filming finale week he probably needs to be in Toronto. Or he could turn up at either the finale or retrospective (if live) .
I assumed the retrospective was live when Kris had to re-schedule some concert dates because Idol asked him to be a part of the three-day finale.
I think that there might be a mixture of both live and pre-taped performances. When Kelly was on a few weeks ago, she also pre-taped something for the 3-day finale.

Adam confirmed that he was doing his RHPS filming in April (he has no concert from April 4th thru April 12), so it's up in the air if he can fit both AI and RHPS in during those 8 days. Time will tell... ::yes::
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

American Idol
We're counting down the minutes until Adam Lambert returns to the American Idol stage!

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

American Idol ✔‎@AmericanIdol
RETWEET if you're counting the minutes until @adamlambert returns to the #Idol stage on March 17!
4:16 PM - 11 Mar 2016
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

AmericanIdol 3h3 hours ago
RETWEET if you're counting the minutes until @adamlambert returns to the #Idol stage on March 17!

TALCvids 1h1 hour ago
americanidol's IG photo Adam Lambert returns! Live performance 3/17

mmadamimadamm 30m30 minutes ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted IslandGirl
RT @shoshannastone
@islandgirljams :))) mmadamimadamm added,
IslandGirl @islandgirljams
@shoshannastone this is so exciting! Really hoping we get to hear Adams new single ;)

mmadamimadamm 15m15 minutes ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted Allysa Mentor
RT @shoshannastone
@AllysaMentor with what? mmadamimadamm added,
Allysa Mentor @AllysaMentor
@shoshannastone is there a video that will be released to coincide? #TheOriginalHigh

mmadamimadamm 16m16 minutes ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted Allysa Mentor
RT @shoshannastone
@AllysaMentor we haven't said what he's singing mmadamimadamm added,
Allysa Mentor @AllysaMentor
@shoshannastone if Adam sings TOH on Idol

glambertparty 1h1 hour ago
I'll be streaming Idol next Thursday for the scorned :) WC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=179&ah=2 … Link
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 am wrote:
bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:30 am wrote:

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

I think that there might be a mixture of both live and pre-taped performances. When Kelly was on a few weeks ago, she also pre-taped something for the 3-day finale.

Adam confirmed that he was doing his RHPS filming in April (he has no concert from April 4th thru April 12), so it's up in the air if he can fit both AI and RHPS in during those 8 days. Time will tell... ::yes::
Not saying that there isn't any pre-taping, just saying that Kelly did a pre-tape because her baby is due around that time, and no guarantee that she could appear live. ::smile:: As far as Adam appearing in the finale what with it being the 5,6,& 7 its quite possible for him to do both Idol and RHPS as long as the dates work out. His part is small, vocals are done already, so it shouldn't take long for him to do his bit. At least I am hoping he can do both and you are right. "Time will tell". ::yes:: ::grin::
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 pm wrote:

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

kris had a concert schedule on the day of the actual finale; so he moved that. I think "three day final" is just to reference that Idol is on 3 nights instead of the usual 2 for the finale, and that one is a restrospective but I've never seen anything to indicate that the retrospective is a live show...maybe it is..just haven't seen reference to it
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

rustycat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:01 pm wrote:
bebeg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 pm wrote:

mjsbigblog ‏@mjsbigblog

kris had a concert schedule on the day of the actual finale; so he moved that. I think "three day final" is just to reference that Idol is on 3 nights instead of the usual 2 for the finale, and that one is a restrospective but I've never seen anything to indicate that the retrospective is a live show...maybe it is..just haven't seen reference to it
Not that it really matters, but, Kris had concerts scheduled for all three nights (DC, Philly & NY) that he rescheduled and his words were that Idol "asked me to be a part of their 3 night Idol Finale."

So that's why I assumed the three nights were live.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Im thinking its a,medley. Maybe including toh, gt dunno. Maybe in minority here but I dont see toh impacting top 40. Hoping for another single. Maybe eitn.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 2m2 minutes ago
mmadamimadamm Retweeted American Idol
*looks at calendar longingly... soooo many days until Thursday* Le Sigh!!!! Can't wait!!!! mmadamimadamm added,
American Idol @AmericanIdol
ADAM. LAMBERT. NEXT. WEEK. #Idol
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Glambert3599 49m49 minutes ago
Adam just on a commercial for Idol! They showed him singing Mad World from the show!!

Glambert3599 39m39 minutes ago
Here is the commercial for AI with Adam Lambert singing Mad World. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uNd4SXKqE

[bbvideo=560,315]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b7uNd4SXKqE[/bbvideo]
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Billboard on Facebook:
Skärmavbild 2016-03-12 kl. 08.28.11.png
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Very special final performance. Sounds big to me maybe Queen. And doing his own stuff. Six.spots available for ADam. Bit sad thinking its the last time Adam well perform on idol. End of an era. But going out WITH a bang.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

3ku1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:28 am wrote:Very special final performance. Sounds big to me maybe Queen. And doing his own stuff. Six.spots available for ADam. Bit sad thinking its the last time Adam well perform on idol. End of an era. But going out WITH a bang.

That's not gonna happen. I expect Adam to sing one song and then maybe another w the contestants like Demi did. He will likely sing his own stuff. A medley is possible and if so he might throw in a queen tune. But only in a medley
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

3ku1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:28 am wrote:Very special final performance. Sounds big to me maybe Queen. And doing his own stuff. Six.spots available for ADam. Bit sad thinking its the last time Adam well perform on idol. End of an era. But going out WITH a bang.

There aren't six perfirmance spots available for Adam lol. They'll fill the time up with other things and probably another guest perfirmance. I'm sure they'll talk about what he's doing and done. He will sing a song. Probably third single. Maybe he'll also perform with contestants like Demi did as well. The only real mystery right now is whether he attends any part of the finale. He had indicated in the past he would be there but now it's looking less likely. If he won't e there he will probably explain why - rhps filming- during his perfirmance next week
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

rustycat » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:02 am wrote:

That's not gonna happen. I expect Adam to sing one song and then maybe another w the contestants like Demi did. He will likely sing his own stuff. A medley is possible and if so he might throw in a queen tune. But only in a medley
You dont know ThAt lol. YOUR guess is as good as mine.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

3ku1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:52 pm wrote:

Brian May is currently on tour with Kerry Ellis and they are performing on March, 16 in Sofia, Bulgaria. So while it technically might be possible, I think we can rule out a QAL performance on thursday.

I really hope this "special final performance" will be Adams new single and not some nostalgic reprise of Mad World or ROF.
misswood

Post by misswood »

Sabine » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 pm wrote:

Brian May is currently on tour with Kerry Ellis and they are performing on March, 16 in Sofia, Bulgaria. So while it technically might be possible, I think we can rule out a QAL performance on thursday.

I really hope this "special final performance" will be Adams new single and not some nostalgic reprise of Mad World or ROF.

I wish he'd reprise those pants
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Rustycat is right though. Brian and Kerry are performing in Romania on Monday the 14 in Romania. Queen and Adam aren't going to happen on Idol. I'm more than fine with that. Adam came to Idol on his own two feet and that's the way I want him to go out. Respect to Queen of course. ::flowers::

Oh, edited because I didn't see Sabine's post. ::duh:: If they are in Bulgaria on the 16th, imo, there is no way for Queen and Adam on the 17th for Idol.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:19 pm wrote:

Rustycat is right though. Brian and Kerry are performing in Romania on Monday the 14 in Romania. Queen and Adam aren't going to happen on Idol. I'm more than fine with that. Adam came to Idol on his own two feet and that's the way I want him to go out. Respect to Queen of course. ::flowers::

Oh, edited because I didn't see Sabine's post. ::duh:: If they are in Bulgaria on the 16th, imo, there is no way for Queen and Adam on the 17th for Idol.
SAME.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”