Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

billboard 17m17 minutes ago
Adam Lambert reminisces about his first post-"Idol" single & why he's happy Pink rejected it http://blbrd.cm/4GJ8YQ

katzolicious 12m12 minutes ago
The Big Money Winners on “American Idol” |
Adam Lambert made a reported $10 million in 2015 http://money.neoblack.com/2016/04/06/th ... ican-idol/
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Lÿndsey Parker ‏@lyndseyparker 2m2 minutes ago
Lÿndsey Parker Retweeted Joey Guerra
This.
Joey Guerra
‏@JoeyTube
La'Porsha is my love. But they saddled her with a very ... Idol song. She can't do much with it.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

svca » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:50 pm wrote:I just watched a snapchat of about 6 minutes of all the various idols waiting around to rehearse, goofing off...and I have to say, I'm sooooo glad Adam isn't part of that mess.

He had such an awesome appearance on his own and he's done and off doing his thang....I love it ::thumbsup::

That's funny, I have just the opposite reaction. First of all, I don't think it's a mess. And while I'm happy he has the opportunity to do Rocky Horror, the finale tomorrow night just won't be the same without him.....one of their greatest success stories and biggest stars.

And not to mention one of the former contestants who has always been extremely grateful and supportive of the show and all those involved. Looks as though he may be feeling a bit nostalgic about it - he liked Kris' instagram pic from rehearsal.

I wish he could have been a part of it. He will be missed tomorrow night.
svca

Post by svca »

None of the big ones are there in person, are they? Adam's gone, Kelly's gone, not sure about Carrie of JHud?
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

svca » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:None of the big ones are there in person, are they? Adam's gone, Kelly's gone, not sure about Carrie of JHud?

Tomorrow night they are all going to be there. Every winner is coming back. Along with many of the others including Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry, Clay
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Nadine♐ ‏@citygirl36 21m21 minutes agoFlash of perfect @adamlambert face on Idol finale promo
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

citygirl36 37m37 minutes ago
Flash of perfect @adamlambert face on Idol finale promo
CLICK HERE:
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

mmadamimadamm Retweeted
Nadine ‏@citygirl36 5m5 minutes ago
Flash of perfect @adamlambert face on Idol finale promo

Debbie ♈️ Aries Heart ‏@SASpurs21Fan 8m8 minutes ago
Debbie ♈️ Aries Heart Retweeted E! Online TV Scoop
Yep. It's pulling on the heartstrings! #IdolFinale #IdolFarewell
E! Online TV ScoopVerified account
‏@eonlineTV
This is it people! The very last @AmericanIdol performance show: http://eonli.ne/1TCuDIN

Debbie ♈️ Aries Heart Retweeted
American Idol ‏@AmericanIdol 7h7 hours ago
We're incredibly excited to have @DavidArchie back on the stage for the #IdolFinale!

Debbie ♈️ Aries Heart Retweeted
Michele ‏@SepiasSecret 23h23 hours ago
I watched #Idol every year since Kelly, who I love. But @adamlambert is my all-time favorite #IdolFarewell
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:47 pm wrote:
svca » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:50 pm wrote:I just watched a snapchat of about 6 minutes of all the various idols waiting around to rehearse, goofing off...and I have to say, I'm sooooo glad Adam isn't part of that mess.

He had such an awesome appearance on his own and he's done and off doing his thang....I love it ::thumbsup::

That's funny, I have just the opposite reaction. First of all, I don't think it's a mess. And while I'm happy he has the opportunity to do Rocky Horror, the finale tomorrow night just won't be the same without him.....one of their greatest success stories and biggest stars.

And not to mention one of the former contestants who has always been extremely grateful and supportive of the show and all those involved. Looks as though he may be feeling a bit nostalgic about it - he liked Kris' instagram pic from rehearsal.

I wish he could have been a part of it. He will be missed tomorrow night.
I wish he could be a part of it too. :(
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
svca

Post by svca »

Sorry guys, mess vs. no mess probably depends on whether you watch AI or not....I don't. It's just a bunch of meaningless faces to me lol.

To me, Adam's moved beyond....however, I will forever be grateful for AI "giving" him to us ::wub::

And will remember, very fondly, the S8 reminiscing we used to do with Marie (because I only got to see about 1/2 of S8) ::flowers:: ::flowers::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

svca » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 pm wrote:Sorry guys, mess vs. no mess probably depends on whether you watch AI or not....I don't. It's just a bunch of meaningless faces to me lol.

To me, Adam's moved beyond....however, I will forever be grateful for AI "giving" him to us ::wub::

And will remember, very fondly, the S8 reminiscing we used to do with Marie (because I only got to see about 1/2 of S8) ::flowers:: ::flowers::

I agree with you 100% I know it's not a popular opinion here. I will duck the rotten tomatoes. ::tomato:: ::haha::

What would Adam do? Would he be with the WGWG group or with the rocker guys? Either one to me would be lame. He is beyond group singing with anyone imo. He is elegant, polished and a superstar. He would break the performance just like I firmly believe he broke Idol seven years ago. No one would be watching them. All eyes would be magnetically drawn to Adam.

The pic that circulated of Kris and the other guys was so very different to me than how Adam would present himself. Even in a rehearsal setting. They look to me, for lack of a better word, schlubby. ::hysterical:: After seven years of Adam, the schlubby look does nothing for me.

Adam had a great showcase when he performed Mad World and WTTS and I am happy to have that memory for him and leave it at that. The show did right by him that night.

He has truly moved beyond Idol. He is working on a TV movie which in itself is incredible for him. I know he will always be grateful to Idol. I am very grateful too that that show gave him to us but I am happy to move on too. I'm fine with him not being there. jmho ::flowers::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah i agree no biggie Adam nt on the finalie. While be nice from a nostaligic pov. Not neccessary imo. He had his own slot. And to me being pimped hard as a superstar, and in the AD Docu. Opposed to being lost in a group number. Im chuckling at Wgwg group number ::laughing:: . While audience love too see him. Because imo hes The Male Equivalent to Kelly. I dont mind either way. Prob be a video package. Who knows maybe he pre shot an apperence. Besides ppl be like wheres Adam? Lol he well stand out anyway.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Reminessing. And i really miss Adams long hair haha. I know hes evolved. Change is the only constant. But nostalgia.
Attachments
12932845_10153641206539091_7903696959205618646_n.jpg
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

It didn't care at all when I first learned that Adam wouldn't be at the finale, but now seeing all the alums that are participating or even just attending I'm a little bummed -- not because I think this is some sort of an "opportunity" for Adam (he had his moments in the sun this season), but because Adam was such a big part of the show for so many years and no doubt his absence will be felt. Virtually all of the big name and second tier Idols will either be there in person, or taped a performance (well only Kelly and J Hud taped performance, Kelly bc shes about to give birth and J Hud because she has a broadway performance tonight)..this is the end of an era ...I don't think anyone can truly be said to have moved "beyond" Idol. If Kelly and Carrie and J Hud aren't too big to participate neither is Adam. Heck Daughtry has been hanging around rehearsing group numbers since the weekend (in addition to rehearsing his solo performance). Grammy winner and perpetual UAC top 10 presence Fantasia as well. I know Adam has a conflict and can't be there -- and I think he would be there if he could. Its just too bad it worked out this way. (And I hope that no nasty gossip site makes up some false story re why he isn't there like they did when he didn't attend the Simon farewell finale)

fwiw we know he didn't pre-tape a performance (those are scheduled with audiences and we always know about them ahead of time). At most maybe he taped a 10 second sorry I couldn't be there, congratulations on 15 years message....
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

rustycat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 am wrote:It didn't care at all when I first learned that Adam wouldn't be at the finale, but now seeing all the alums that are participating or even just attending I'm a little bummed -- not because I think this is some sort of an "opportunity" for Adam (he had his moments in the sun this season), but because Adam was such a big part of the show for so many years and no doubt his absence will be felt. Virtually all of the big name and second tier Idols will either be there in person, or taped a performance (well only Kelly and J Hud taped performance, Kelly bc shes about to give birth and J Hud because she has a broadway performance tonight)..this is the end of an era ...I don't think anyone can truly be said to have moved "beyond" Idol. If Kelly and Carrie and J Hud aren't too big to participate neither is Adam. Heck Daughtry has been hanging around rehearsing group numbers since the weekend (in addition to rehearsing his solo performance). Grammy winner and perpetual UAC top 10 presence Fantasia as well. I know Adam has a conflict and can't be there -- and I think he would be there if he could. Its just too bad it worked out this way. (And I hope that no nasty gossip site makes up some false story re why he isn't there like they did when he didn't attend the Simon farewell finale)

fwiw we know he didn't pre-tape a performance (those are scheduled with audiences and we always know about them ahead of time). At most maybe he taped a 10 second sorry I couldn't be there, congratulations on 15 years message....
I agree. No one is 'beyond' or too big to come back for the finale. I have no doubt that if Adam didn't already have plans he would be there. And he would be happily doing whatever they asked him to do and, just as he did during his season and the tour, he would be having a blast.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Exactly. Adam's always been very grateful to Idol, for the opportunities he's been given since he's been on the show. I don't see why he wouldn't be there if he could.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

I am not invested in Idol or have any interest but I am sure Adam would have been there if possible. He always talked with respect about the show (unlike some other ehm... people) and he has no problem to share the stage with other artists.

I am happy he was shown so prominently on that special on tuesday and is mentioned in all those farewell articles, polls etc. ::thumbup::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Paula » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:39 am wrote:Exactly. Adam's always been very grateful to Idol, for the opportunities he's been given since he's been on the show. I don't see why he wouldn't be there if he could.
I agree with these sentiments. If he could be there I'm pretty sure he would be there.(imho) ...but on the other hand if he had been able to be there would he have been given the opportunity to promote "Welcome to the Show" and reprise MW 2 wks ago? Things happen for a reason, and AI has been nothing but good for him, as he has for them. win-win ::yessss:: ::wootwave::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

When I stated that Adam was "beyond" Idol, I didn't mean it in a bad way. To me, he IS beyond Idol. jmo

If it was so important for him to be there, then his management and team should have reiterated that to him and tell him to be there. They didn't apparently. I don't know how they could have flexed the RHPS schedule though. He is running an extremely tight schedule with that and touring. Could he have taped something? Maybe. And maybe we will get something that he taped tonight. We'll have to wait and see.

I can see Kelly taping due to pregnancy and being the very first Idol. I can also see J Hud tapping too, but she didn't have a full show of showcasing herself either. There is that.

I can fully understand why lots of you want him there. I really do. It's just that personally, I am fine with him not being there. That's all I'm saying.

I am so excited for the show tonight. Can't wait for it. ::yessss::
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Lizziek » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:47 am wrote:
Paula » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:39 am wrote:Exactly. Adam's always been very grateful to Idol, for the opportunities he's been given since he's been on the show. I don't see why he wouldn't be there if he could.
I agree with these sentiments. If he could be there I'm pretty sure he would be there.(imho) ...but on the other hand if he had been able to be there would he have been given the opportunity to promote "Welcome to the Show" and reprise MW 2 wks ago? Things happen for a reason, and AI has been nothing but good for him, as he has for them. win-win ::yessss:: ::wootwave::
The biggest money winners from "Al" Image
http://money.us/1Vaamvm
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”