Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Ohawk
Suggestions, Comments and Help

Post by Ohawk »

I have to keep logging in every day. Not sure why it won't keep me logged in?! Thanks!
vampfever
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vampfever »

Ohawk » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 am wrote:I have to keep logging in every day. Not sure why it won't keep me logged in?! Thanks!
I've changed the settings for this to expire after 60 days, then you will be asked to log in again. You will need to click on "delete board cookies" at the bottom of the index page. Let me know if the problem continues.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Check it out, guys!!!! Vampfever gave us a new toy!

For those of you who enjoy a dark background with light font, you can now switch between the two different looks.

Click on the dropdown menu for Style: (top right).

Thanks, Vamp!!!!

::flowers::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Just so you know, in order to accommodate both colored boards, I'll be using this color for posting from now on - replaces the red posts.

OK, with that I'm going to take a nap. I sprained my wrist a couple of days ago and it was killing me again. We're done for today as far as events go, so I took a painkiller.

I'll do the Sea of Red Green? thread when I wake up later.

Should I rename the thread? ::icant::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

LOVE the dark blue board! Thank you, vampfever! ::thumbsup:: ::notworthy:: ::huggy::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Playing with my Photobucket vids...
Anyone have any clue why this doesn't embed on the board using the
embed tool above?? Works on most other sites it seems but won't embed Photobucket vids for me ??? ::think:: ::thinking::
[bbvideo=560,315]http://s918.photobucket.com/user/barb12 ... sort=3&o=1[/bbvideo]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

barb4Adam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:15 pm wrote:Playing with my Photobucket vids...
Anyone have any clue why this doesn't embed on the board using the
embed tool above?? Works on most other sites it seems but won't embed Photobucket vids for me ??? ::think:: ::thinking::
[bbvideo=560,315]http://s918.photobucket.com/user/barb12 ... sort=3&o=1[/bbvideo]
We're working on it... and when I say "we", of course I mean Vamp!!!!

::haha::
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

When I bring in pics...especially as an attachment, they come in so small. How do I get them in larger??
misswood

Post by misswood »

vistadiva » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am wrote:When I bring in pics...especially as an attachment, they come in so small. How do I get them in larger??
I have a question , too. When you reply to a picture in someone's post, why doesn't the picture show back up with your reply? ::unsure::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:39 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:26 am wrote:When I bring in pics...especially as an attachment, they come in so small. How do I get them in larger??
I have a question , too. When you reply to a picture in someone's post, why doesn't the picture show back up with your reply? ::unsure::
Vista: They are clickable to view in bigger size. It's done on purpose so the pages don't lag forever when a page is full of pics.

Misswood: Same reason as what I just gave Vista.

One of the irritating things about pages filled with pics is that it takes forever to load them... especially as the page gets filled up.... There are 25 posts per page. When the page starts, there is no problem, but as you get to page 10 and higher, the circle of death appears!!!!

This new domain was forced into the latest version of the software we use and this new version works completely differently than earlier ones. The 'tweaks' are now done through extensions. Extensions are developed by the software peeps and new ones are constantly being made available to us. The 'attachment' feature is less than ideal at this point, but Vamp is keeping an eye on things to see when this feature gets updated with new extensions.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

It's been a while since I asked, so I'm trying my luck again.

We are still 'populating' some threads (Tours, One-Off Concerts, Events & Appearances, Archives).

Tiki, Infinite, Vista and Patches have been doing all the heavy lifting. There is still much work to be done and IDF is stable right now and gives us a window of opportunity to bring in the archives from there.

So if anyone would like to help out, please PM me and I'll have you 'working' in no time. You don't need to be technically savvy... It's mostly a copy/paste task with a few tweaks.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

::highfive::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Thanks Paula for reporting that spammer... I'm trying to 'lift' the approval for registering and want to see if the spammers have moved on.

I may or may not reinstate the required approval depending on how things go for the next day or two.
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:Thanks Paula for reporting that spammer... I'm trying to 'lift' the approval for registering and want to see if the spammers have moved on.

I may or may not reinstate the required approval depending on how things go for the next day or two.
You're welcome. I saw the posts that they kept posting every two minutes, and knew that if we didn't act fast, every thread would be taken over by that spammer. ::huggy::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm off to bed, so I turned on the registration approval feature. I'll turn it off when I get on line tomorrow morning.

Better safe than sorry!
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm trying a new setting for spammers. Can a non-mod member tell me if they see a thread "Osko, Ingvar, Myxir and Marik Morocco"?

If I did this right, only mods should be able to see it since I now made it that new users need their posts/topics approved before they become visible to the members.

I just want to make sure it's working. Somebody pipe in, please!

ETA: Never mind... Tiki already kicked him out! ::icant::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, trying this again. You guys have now confirmed that you DON'T SEE the posts awaiting 'approval'.

Now I have a topic awaiting approval and I want to make sure you guys don't see it.

This is the name of the new 'topic'...

Hengley, Tarok, Ortega and Kaelin Syrian arab republic

Can you guys confirm that you're NOT SEEING IT?
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

Don't see it.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

You've got new spammers....this just showed up..

View first unread post Nafalem, Daryl, Tjalf and Anktos Maldives This topic has not been approved.
by Matthewbew » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 pm
Last post by Matthewbew View the latest post
Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 pm
0 Views0 Replies
View first unread post Hengley, Tarok, Ortega and Kaelin Syrian arab republic This topic has not been approved.
by Matthewbew » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:10 pm

SO THESE POSTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED, BUT I CAN SEE THE SUBJECT AND READ THE POSTS.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 pm wrote:You've got new spammers....this just showed up..

View first unread post Nafalem, Daryl, Tjalf and Anktos Maldives This topic has not been approved.
0 Views0 Replies
View first unread post Hengley, Tarok, Ortega and Kaelin Syrian arab republic This topic has not been approved.

SO THESE POSTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED, BUT I CAN SEE THE SUBJECT AND READ THE POSTS.
That's because you're a Member+ and have some of the mods rights, BB. Regular members cannot see anything the spammers put up.
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 pm wrote:You've got new spammers....this just showed up..

0 Views0 Replies

That's because you're a Member+ and have some of the mods rights, BB. Regular members cannot see anything the spammers put up.
They ain't missing much...that's for sure!

Return to “Let's Talk!”