***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
svca

Post by svca »

We won't throw tomatoes at you, Marie...we know who's causing all this...our little energize bunny ::wub::

I told my hubby that he got a part in the RHP remake, and he just sighed...." I wish I had just a fraction of his energy" he said ....lol
svca

Post by svca »

Somewhere, either in here or on Atop, I saw the Adam/Bowie mashup or Let's Dance (pssst...while I was at work and couldn't listen to it)....can anybody point me in the general direction, please, please? Not a huge Bowie fan (don't really like his voice), but it sounded interesting.

I need to remember bookmark interesting pages, because I always forget by the time I get home ::wacko::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

... and I'm done.... Good Lord! Adam take a load off for a minute, will ya?

::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:38 pm wrote:... and I'm done.... Good Lord! Adam take a load off for a minute, will ya?

::crylaugh::

He's busy what, until the end of June? ::tomato:: ::tomato::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

All info for Tokyo 3 and What's Up TV UK are in the OP's...

Off to try to get some sleep... Tokyo 3 is two hours earlier than the other shows... So, in about 6 hours...
"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Dont go on Yahoo page lol. Bitch Bitch Moan Moan. Well destroy the original. Adams too queen for Eddie. Should play Frank. He cant act etc. Honestly. Im sure Adam got crap when he was announced as Queen front man but he killed it. So no different here. You would think THEY would give it a chance lol, but nope. Anyway.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I wouldn't worry about any RHPS "fans" bitching and moaning. I saw the Broadway play production circa 1974, and the movie thereafter. (In fact, HBO had it on last night, so I could see the Eddie part, and thank the stars that Adam was not doing Frank.) The puritans probably never saw the play production.

I don't think my memory is so impaired (at my advanced age), that I don't recall that the play production was quite a bit different at the end. There was no tower and pool scene on Broadway. The "book" of the play/screenplay is open to new interpretation, especially after 40 years. Though I do want Eddie to burst through that wall on a bike, not a segway.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I also think Being Adams first major tv production. Lead would not work, Supporting role. Perfect for him. Lets be honest hes prob gonna steal the whole damn show. Its what he does lol.
svca

Post by svca »

Am I the only one that has never seen this show and has no desire to do so?

::haha:: ::haha::

Looks really, really, really dumb lol.

I think I'll wait to catch just Adam's part..oh wait, I don't even watch TV, nor do I have cable. ::clap::

Sorry, not my cuppa...but I bet he'll be awesome in his role, short though it may be. ::wootdance::
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:11 pm wrote:Am I the only one that has never seen this show and has no desire to do so?

I think I'll wait to catch just Adam's part..oh wait, I don't even watch TV, nor do I have cable. ::clap::

Sorry, not my cuppa...but I bet he'll be awesome in his role, short though it may be. ::wootdance::
I've never seen it either. ::stealth::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

How can you cal it dumb if you've NEVER seen it lol? Yeah dumb, but its the theatrics of it. Its fun. And Adam well do awrsome.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Paula » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:19 pm wrote:
svca » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:11 pm wrote:Am I the only one that has never seen this show and has no desire to do so?

I've never seen it either. ::stealth::
It is kind of a classic in that it was so outrageous that it reached a new level of idiocracy but at the same time was groundbreaking in a LGBTQ kind of way. At least the music was memorable and pretty good! You need to see the whole movie and not just a clip to get a better feel of it. It is definitely a bit rough in the area of acting and cinematography in comparison to more modern movies.
svca

Post by svca »

3ku1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:32 am wrote:How can you cal it dumb if you've NEVER seen it lol? Yeah dumb, but its the theatrics of it. Its fun. And Adam well do awrsome.
I've just seen pictures and clips...that was pretty much enough for me.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

svca » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:56 am wrote:
3ku1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:32 am wrote:How can you cal it dumb if you've NEVER seen it lol? Yeah dumb, but its the theatrics of it. Its fun. And Adam well do awrsome.
I've just seen pictures and clips...that was pretty much enough for me.
Fair enough, im just saying. Big opportunity for Adam.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Just adding....

Yes ....RHPS....in todays POV....is a little dumb ::rolleyes::

However.....placing it within the time period it was introduced.....

It was very cutting edge.....sheading light on the gender bending on that day !!!

If I remember correctly.....it was often shown late in the evening in some theaters & the attendees would dress up in similar costumes to view & express themselves ....

pushing the envelope at that time ::thumbsup::

I have always wanted Adam to be Dr.FNF.....

However....I understand his wanting to be Eddie.....

Adam will be amazing as Eddie ::thumbsup::

I agree it is a great opportunity for Adam !!! ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

svca » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:11 am wrote:Am I the only one that has never seen this show and has no desire to do so?

It's called CAMP, OK? ::haha::

"I ENJOY CAMPINESS... got it!? Rocky Horror is so so Camp one needs a TENT to watch it."
"Goldfrapp's video for ALIVE is hilarious. CAMP so often goes over the general public's head... so sad... video put a huge grin on my face.

Other things CAMP: Mika. Scissor Sisters. Gaga. My FYE album cover... lol. None of them to be taken too seriously... until they want to be.

GLEE is the campiest shit ever.

"Glee is the campiest shit ever" doesn't mean A) I dont like Glee (was saying how much i enjoyed campy stuff) or B) that Im gonna be on it.

CAMP: willfully over-emphasizes certain elements of a genre or theme, creating an almost self-satirical milieu.

Campy: being so extreme that it has an amusing and perversely sophisticated appeal.

I ENJOY CAMPINESS... got it!? Rocky Horror is so so Camp one needs a TENT to watch it.

My tour is gonna be GLAMPY. lol #GLAMNATION"
http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.com/2010/ ... iness.html
http://www.gay.net/entertainment/2010/0 ... itter.html
http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtop ... 9&st=11460

I miss the days of his twitter rants

Oh, and I also could never get into RHPS. Only seen parts of it, too weird for me. Or ... too camp, possibly. lol
High Drama
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Rocky Horror is such a classic. IMO, to really get the gist of it, you have to consider the time in which it came out. 1973 was a very volatile time globally. Viet Nam was still in full swing and many people were objecting to it very strongly. Women's Lib was also making great strides and freeing woman as never before. In 1967, just six short years before RH, homosexuality was a crime in UK. UK, where the play was first performed. You went to prison for it.

So, to me, Rocky Horror, as over the top camp as it was, was also making a political statement in many ways. It was so out there for its time and one couldn't help but sit up and notice it.

The movie that came out in 1975 had a built in cult following. It was also a time of much indulging of a certain herb for your smoking pleasure. ::whistle:: THAT was the way to go see the film. Audience participation was part of the fun too. And dressing up as the characters. Bringing toast with you and throwing it at the screen at the right time.

Rocky Horror was sticking it in the eye of the conservative and straight laced people. They were all so free in this work of art. It wasn't everyone's cuppa for sure but it had and has enduring impact.

For those here that haven't seen it, I suggest you do and keep an open mind. It's great camp fun.

Also, as a side note, Eddie is bisexual. He was Columbia AND Frank-N-Furter's lover. I love that. ::haha::
svca

Post by svca »

I think the issue is, for me, that I was raised in a small, small, small town in Germany and came to American in 1972. "Camp" was neither in my nor my parents' vocabulary except in the most literal sense of the word ::haha:: I was 12 and was heavily into old-time country music. Missed the Beatles, Elvis craze, not a fan...grew up in a different era, a different country.

It wasn't really until I was older that I broadened my horizons, so to speak, away from my parents, their church, etc. But I've always been a bit more on the serious side, so the Jim Carreys, Will Ferrells of the industry have never interested me, not my cup of tea, too over the top. I prefer a more subtle sense of humor.

But while this show may not be something that I can appreciate, I totally realize what an awesome opportunity this is for Adam, and I can't wait to see his part of it. He'll kill it, just like he did his character on Glee (still watch Marry The Night all the time).

Didn't mean to disparage the show, but being a transplant, you miss the "classics" and the reasons why a particular culture considers them a classic. And at 12, you are definitely NOT worried about the state of the world in general, only yours.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK... Everything is up to date... so off to get a few hours sleep.... ::sleep::

AND WE GET TWO DAYS OFF!!!!!!! ::zzzzz:: ::sleep:: ::coffee:: ::zzzzz:: ::sleep:: ::coffee:: ::zzzzz:: ::sleep:: ::coffee::
"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

My DH and I are on a cruise Right now, we are in Singapore. Last night, they took us to dinner at Sky on 57 and all I could think of was Adam on that first trip here in 2010 and him going to that place at the top of 3 tall towers that is shaped like a boat.

I breathed the same air as he did.

Hopeless Skank[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

TAT

Return to “Let's Talk!”