"Welcome to the Show" New Single

sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

It's all so interesting to me...personally, I really do love WTTS. I love the voice forward part of it, and I love the pairing with a great female singer companion. They are adorable together.

But I have seen real polarization over this song...many people in my life aren't that impressed with it, as they found the tune uninteresting.

I also got a little pessimistic thinking that TOH wouldn't be released. And I also LOVE The Light. I really hope both of them have a chance. ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:16 pm wrote:
Carmi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:01 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:10 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:57 pm wrote:AlexanderMorner 8m8 minutes ago
My radio station just played #WelcomeToTheShow and went "this is the best I've heard for a long time, raise the volume now!!" Etc
Well ppl.who know what they are talking about think its a hit..Ahem.so.their you go. Wtts is a real banger imo. Obviously none of toh singles convinced wbr they had potential. Like streaming potential of gt. So Adam and Wbr decided to go in a new direction. But I.think.the majority love the track. And it has real hit potential. But you cant say it does or doesn't. Its impossible to determine what track well be a radio hit. Its a real lottery. Gt was an unexpected us pop hit. And.streaming wise was overwhelming with nearly 120 mill plays. And made waves in the Dance Edm.world. It all.depends on luck and promo now.

I think we all are dealing with a gray area here when it comes to WTTS. No one knows for sure what will happen to it. I do agree with you that it will need promo to get it off the ground. I'm hoping that if it truly is the next single for him, that WBR, his management team and Shosh are well on board to do their job and push it.

I do have a problem when you use words like "obviously". We, "obviously" know NOTHING. It is silly to think that we do.

Shosh was asked on twitter several weeks ago, if there would be another single released to radio from TOH. Her answer was "of course". So maybe we should take Adam at his word when he said that he wanted to have a new song for Spring and for his fans to sing on AI. It could very well be as simplistic as that.

It also might happen that the song TOH could be released in the Summer after WTTS, IF it goes to radio as Shosh said it would, has a few months run up the charts. We will have to see and wait patiently.

IMO, TOH was loaded with potential radio hits. It is all in the promo as I see it. The song TOH was tried out in Oz and New Zealand and didn't resonate. But it is a big world. It could have resonated else where imo. Maybe even in the US. It just wasn't tried here yet.

Ghost Town was pushed heavily for six months on US radio and that IMO helped to make it a smash. A song HAS to be played a lot until the public falls in love with it. It happens all the time with sh!tty songs. You hear it long enough and you start to love it. I am NOT saying Ghost Town was a sh!tty song at all. Just giving an example of how maybe TOH song could have been pushed harder in Oz and NZ to make it connect.

Anyway, what a great few days it has been. Adam so happy and excited for WTTS, with a great performance, a new snippet of Can't Go Home, and we got to hear him sing Can't Help Falling In Love at his brothers wedding. All in all a wonderful treat.
agree.just saying wtts sounds nothing like toh singles. Wbr imo prob saw no potential. But stand alone singles happen all.the time. The music business changed. I don't think theirs any special plan.with wtts. I just think Adam andwbr decided togo another direction. Its a pretty common strategy these days tbh. Maybe an lp in the spring.

I would love a new lp in the Spring. ::yessss:: ::thumbsup:: ::flowers:: New music from Adam is ALWAYS welcome and exciting.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Wtts already in top ten selling Adam singles ever on ITunes nz. 8. Its 100 overall. Guesa radio play well make it a hit. And increse its chart placing.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

mmyy9 ‏@mmyy9 · 2 timför 2 timmar sedan
#WelcomeToTheShow
日本のアマゾンのデジタルミュージック ポップス ランキング
「アルバム」では「新着」も「売れ筋」も1位。

(楽曲では新着3位、売れ筋102位)

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Adam Lambert Pics ‏@adamlambert_pic
Welcome To The Show @adamlambert is now #6 overall and #5 pop on iTunes Sweden!
New peaks! :D

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Blinglam 14h14 hours ago
Adam Lambert gets an iTunes boost after American Idol performance http://www.particlenews.com/n/02HkBqNE?s=twitter … via @particlenewsapp

LibraLaurie 13h13 hours ago
Adam Lambert gets an iTunes boost after American Idol performance http://www.ydtalk.com/idolchatteryd/ada ... rformance/ … via @@Idolchatteryd

shoshannastone 2h2 hours ago
http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2016/ ... s-week-54/ … yes @wonderlandmag @adamlambert

TALCvids 1h1 hour ago
#WelcomeToTheShow @adamlambert "excellent" > Wonderlist: Tracks of the Week- Wonderland Magazine http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2016/ ... s-week-54/ … via @wonderlandmag
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

BustedWallet 1h1 hour ago
Fresh tracks are in! Here's @Spotify's 10 best: http://bustedwallet.com/fresh-new-music ... arch-20th/
Feat: @adamlambert #WelcomeToTheShow

"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

Just throwing this out there . . . you would think, with the momentum of AI, that WTTS would be released to radio right away . . . even if that's not how it's usually done, doesn't it make sense to get it out there now, so the radio stations can start playing it??? Why wait???
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

marlock276 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:12 pm wrote:Just throwing this out there . . . you would think, with the momentum of AI, that WTTS would be released to radio right away . . . even if that's not how it's usually done, doesn't it make sense to get it out there now, so the radio stations can start playing it??? Why wait???

thats why I'm dubious that its going to radio in the USA. Its not on fmqb, its only listed on cool new music for hac at all access, and not on pop, there is no sign of an adds date anywhere. Yes, you would normally go to radio when interest is highest. Instead, Warner seems to be focusing more on streaming -- getting wtts on several spotify and shazam playlists. And it is starting to get some play outside of the USA. Other than one spin last night on an hac station it hasn't been played at all in the USA and there is no sign that it will be or is intended to be, Maybe they're gonna see how it does overseas and on streaming and then if there is a case to be made bring it to usa radio. Maybe they don't really have any intention of pushing it to radio regardless. Time will tell. I know shosh tweeted that she knows when its going to usa radio, but that is fairly meaningless.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

marlock276 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:12 pm wrote:Just throwing this out there . . . you would think, with the momentum of AI, that WTTS would be released to radio right away . . . even if that's not how it's usually done, doesn't it make sense to get it out there now, so the radio stations can start playing it??? Why wait???
Sounds like a good plan to me...what do I know though ::rolleyes:: ::haha::

However....if by chance this song is for something else.....maybe then ????
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Shosh has deleted her tweet ::duh:: but she was asked if today was impact day for WTTS to go to radio. She said "in US yes" This is great news. I'm hoping for tons of adds and program directors to play list it. ::woohoo:: ::banana:: ::wootdance:: ::wheee::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Shosh meant its available to radio..impact date is another story.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 pm wrote:Shosh meant its available to radio..impact date is another story.

The exact quote is "in the US? It's serviced yes"

That's awesome right? Serviced I would think is good news. I'm hoping for the best. ::woohoo::
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 pm wrote:Shosh has deleted her tweet ::duh:: but she was asked if today was impact day for WTTS to go to radio. She said "in US yes" This is great news. I'm hoping for tons of adds and program directors to play list it. ::woohoo:: ::banana:: ::wootdance:: ::wheee::

She was asked if today was impact date and she replied that yes, it had been "serviced to radio" in the USA. That's different than an impact date. There has been no sign of an impact date yet. I sure hope today isn't an unannounced impact date because it didn't get any adds and has only received one spin thus far. That's not what you want to see on an impact date. I have a feeling this just might be a soft release with no impact date and no label push in the USA. Time will tell. I personally love the song but have no clue what Warners plan is for it here.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

rustycat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 pm wrote:
Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 pm wrote:Shosh has deleted her tweet ::duh:: but she was asked if today was impact day for WTTS to go to radio. She said "in US yes" This is great news. I'm hoping for tons of adds and program directors to play list it. ::woohoo:: ::banana:: ::wootdance:: ::wheee::

She was asked if today was impact date and she replied that yes, it had been "serviced to radio" in the USA. That's different than an impact date. There has been no sign of an impact date yet. I sure hope today isn't an unannounced impact date because it didn't get any adds and has only received one spin thus far. That's not what you want to see on an impact date. I have a feeling this just might be a soft release with no impact date and no label push in the USA. Time will tell. I personally love the song but have no clue what Warners plan is for it here.

Thanks rusty for the explanation. ::flowers:: Funny...Fuse TV already has it up for a vote for best song of Spring. lol

Praying to all the deities that nothing gets mucked up. ::haha::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

rustycat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 pm wrote:

Rustycat .... Wondering if you might know ......

When a play like .... RHMS .... Is being adapted for TV ......

Do they ever add music ????

Like maybe this song is for the RHMS .... TV adaptation ????

Just a thought ?
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

^^^^. Yes sometimes they record a new song for a remake. Or add a song from the movie version to the stage version. Or vice versa. But no way is wtts for rhps. That's not airing until the fall. They wouldn't be putting something out for that now.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

rustycat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:^^^^. Yes sometimes they record a new song for a remake. Or add a song from the movie version to the stage version. Or vice versa. But no way is wtts for rhps. That's not airing until the fall. They wouldn't be putting something out for that now.

I thought it was sooner than that .....

Well maybe something else ??

Thanks for the reply ::flowers::

although.....didn't we see somewhere....Adam had recorded his songs ????
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

Yes he's already recorded his song or songs for the movie. He's filming his scenes in April. The movie is airing in October around halloweenish
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

rustycat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:19 pm wrote:Yes he's already recorded his song or songs for the movie. He's filming his scenes in April. The movie is airing in October around halloweenish

sorry....I have not been keeping up as I should ::rolleyes::

So it will be a movie ......not live as Grease ???
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2016 Adam Music”