Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Hrithika »

Thanks [hug.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika wrote:Perhaps wrong thread
But i need help i took videos at the swedish promo interview and i have 2 parts that i can't get uploaded to YT ca 28 minutes they big file each are 8GB .

Any tech who knows how to to do it they are in my computer unfortenly i deleted them on the camera so now only in i-photo on my mac.

I have tried several days but the stuck in uploading then failure to my YT .

think i need instruktion for dummies

thank in advance hoping to get answers and help.
Somebody gave me this link for you:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

She also said that it will take ages because your files are very big.
"It is what it is!"
svca

Suggestions and Comments

Post by svca »

I hate to ask, because I don't like to complain (usually)...but this is a minor irritant.

You know how clicking on a link doesn't open a new tab? When I'm done with the tab, and I back out, I always end up on top of the page of the thread....instead of the post that I was reading. I then have to scroll down to find the post that I was on. It's not a big deal except when you have a ton of posts to catch up on.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to exit a link and end up on the post the link came from?

Sorry to complain [0134.gif] [oops.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:I hate to ask, because I don't like to complain (usually)...but this is a minor irritant.

You know how clicking on a link doesn't open a new tab? When I'm done with the tab, and I back out, I always end up on top of the page of the thread....instead of the post that I was reading. I then have to scroll down to find the post that I was on. It's not a big deal except when you have a ton of posts to catch up on.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to exit a link and end up on the post the link came from?

I use Ctrl-Click which opens the link in a new tab, but the back arrow should bring you back to the post you were on... Strange...

That being said, we're moving tonight or tomorrow, so don't fret... On the new board, the links open in a new tab automatically.

[yes2.gif]
"It is what it is!"
squaresquare
Suggestions and Comments

Post by squaresquare »

svca wrote:I hate to ask, because I don't like to complain (usually)...but this is a minor irritant.

Try "right-click" the links that you wish to open, then select either "open link in new tab" or "open link in new window", instead of left-click the links. [smile.gif]
svca

Suggestions and Comments

Post by svca »

Thank you guys! Like I said, a minor irritant, but annoying when you're miles behind [sad.gif]

Ok, took the day off today, so I'm off to try and catch up on the gazillion of interviews [thumbs.gif]

Wish me luck [0144.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:Thank you guys! Like I said, a minor irritant, but annoying when you're miles behind [sad.gif]

Ok, took the day off today, so I'm off to try and catch up on the gazillion of interviews [thumbs.gif]

Wish me luck [0144.gif]
Luck!

Watch this one first... priceless...

[youtube][/youtube]
"It is what it is!"
svca

Suggestions and Comments

Post by svca »

I did watch that one...omg I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants.

That guy was HILARIOUS.....totally starstruck....so fidgety and just kept repeating how good looking Adam was lol.

We know the feeling, Mister, we do. [foxes_251.gif] [foxes_251.gif]
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Suggestions and Comments

Post by infinite »

Someone postet a link from twitter with just the new backround pic of AO and I wanted to save that pic on my tablet but I can't find the post anymore. [confused.gif] Can anyone help me out with the link or the post.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

infinite wrote:Someone postet a link from twitter with just the new backround pic of AO and I wanted to save that pic on my tablet but I can't find the post anymore. [confused.gif] Can anyone help me out with the link or the post.
Did you check the Adam Official thread? It should be in there...
"It is what it is!"
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Suggestions and Comments

Post by infinite »

madamimadam wrote:
infinite wrote:Someone postet a link from twitter with just the new backround pic of AO and I wanted to save that pic on my tablet but I can't find the post anymore. [confused.gif] Can anyone help me out with the link or the post.
Did you check the Adam Official thread? It should be in there...
Yes I did [yes.gif]..... it wasn't there, but I found it in the Sea of
Red.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

If any of you need help with reuploading your avatars, please let me know. If you're in the gallery, I can get them for you... If not, PM me the picture and I'll upload it for you!!!!

By tomorrow, this will all feel like home!!!!

I promise!!!! ::kiss::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

In case you missed this post in the Mission Statement thread...
Ladies and gentlemen: We have reached our final destination...

So, we are now on our very own domain.... Vampfever has worked tirelessly to fix the problems you were aware of as well as those problems that you guys couldn't see but made the board have 'glitches'. She has also given us so many new bells and whistles to make the board more fun!

Here's the list of the perks you guys can see that have been fixed or added...

Links now open in new tab. In the case of a link to our own board or a clickable attachment (also part of our board), then you have to Ctrl-Click to open in new tab.

Attachments: The box and info are no longer showing up. Nice clean pics!!!! Pics are now getting resized if needed but they are clickable. Again, because those attached pics have become part of the gallery of this board, you need to Ctrl-Click.

There is now a tab in the reply box for "ThumbnailPop" for when you want to bring in big ass pictures from another site... It will resize it for this board but are clickable to view in the original size.

We now have some really snazzy buttons in the reply box. Check them out!

Posts numbering now done per thread. To get the link to a specific post, click on the post number, a box will pop up with the code, copy and paste it wherever you want.

Smilies - hovering over them will tell you what they are and I also added the requested ones.

Soundcloud and a whole slew of video embedding capability is now available with clickable links into new tab.

Bringing in videos and embedding them is now the easiest thing to do!!! Click on the button (looks like a 'play arrow'), enter your link, no need to tell it if it's an vimeo or a youtube or a vine, "Insert into message" and watch the magic happen!!!!

Quotes now have a clickable link to bring you back to the original post and include the date/time stamp.

Quote boxes are now pink.

Back to Top button is now visible (bottom right of any post).

On the far right, in the Last Post column, we now get the topic title as well as the last poster! If you click on the topic title, it brings you to the last post... Much easier to click on than the little white box.

From the the top or bottom, you can go directly to a specific page number.

There is a clickable "View Unread Posts" in the Quick Link dropdown menu... Niiice!

Unread forums, sub-forums and topics titles are now red and easy to spot.

If you want to adjust the width of the board, click on your name (top right). You get a dropdown menu. Pick User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options, scroll to bottom - Use Maximum Width, click on "Yes" and the board will expand to fit your screen.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

God! It feels so good to have everyone under one roof again!!!!

::grouphug::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:51 pm wrote:If any of you need help with reuploading your avatars, please let me know. If you're in the gallery, I can get them for you... If not, PM me the picture and I'll upload it for you!!!!

To reset your avatars:

Top right of the board, click on your name, "User Control Panel", Profile, Edit Avatar, scroll down to Avatar Type, click on dropdown menu, select Gallery, scroll to find your avi... Click on it and voila! Done!
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:51 pm wrote:If any of you need help with reuploading your avatars, please let me know. If you're in the gallery, I can get them for you... If not, PM me the picture and I'll upload it for you!!!!

To reset your avatars:

Top right of the board, click on your name, "User Control Panel", Profile, Edit Avatar, scroll down to Avatar Type, click on dropdown menu, select Gallery, scroll to find your avi... Click on it and voila! Done!
Thank you for the info regarding the Gallery to find avi. I uploaded the wrong one from my computer. It was an older one and I couldn't figure out where my current one was!

Otherwise, everything is looking good. I can't believe that you actually used my suggestion to change the quote boxes to pink! I was just being silly! I do like pink though! ::haha:: ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Soooooooooo, besides Hrithika, is anyone else trying out the new features?

I think they're amazing... I hope you feel the same!

::hello::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:Soooooooooo, besides Hrithika, is anyone else trying out the new features?

Hi Marie, Love everything! ::thumbsup:: Thanks for all your hard work! I am mainly learning the navigational aspects...my creative juices have yet to start flowing! ::haha:: It might happen at some point. ::thinking::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:Soooooooooo, besides Hrithika, is anyone else trying out the new features?

Hi Marie, Love everything! ::thumbsup:: Thanks for all your hard work! I am mainly learning the navigational aspects...my creative juices have yet to start flowing! ::haha:: It might happen at some point. ::thinking::
And, BTW, trust me... I had very little to do with all this amazing board... All thanks should be going to Vampfever!!!!

Where's Barb... I gave her her favorite smilie ::thumbleweed::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:52 pm wrote:
hotouthere » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:

And, BTW, trust me... I had very little to do with all this amazing board... All thanks should be going to Vampfever!!!!

Where's Barb... I gave her her favorite smilie ::thumbleweed::
Vampfever....THANKYOU!

Your behind the scenes service to our fandom is most admirable!

Return to “Let's Talk!”