***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Janika

Post by Janika »

Velvet and Adam... ::heart:: ::heart::
svca

Post by svca »

Yikes, that's kind of scary, Marie ::no:: ....I think I'm glad I'm not on twitter.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm wrote:Soooooooooooo about yesterday and that ET article about DL 'squashing' the rumor....

I was 'talking' to someone on twitter and out of the blues my tweets 'appeared' as comments in their article. I was shocked and felt completely invaded. I realize that twitter is 'public' but I had never seen a media outlet copying/pasting tweets in their comments section.

I tried THREE FRIGGIN' times to have them delete them to no avail... As of this writing, they're still there!

I then reported them to twitter and received an email from twitter asking me to provide them with a government-issued ID (passport, drivers licence) which there is no way I would do!!!!! So basically, opening a 'report' with twitter is useless unless you're willing to provide them with info OVER THE INTERNET that any sane person would refuse to do.

By 8:00 p.m. last night, I was so overwhelmed by this invasion of privacy (that's how it felt), that I 'protected' my twitter account and blocked ET, turned off my computer and stayed off line until now.

I spoke with my younger son, a techie genius, who talked me off the ledge and made me realize that these things happen and that I had to let it go. He's a smooth talker, my son is! ::laughing::

So, as of now, I have 'unprotected' my 'protected' twitter account and things are back to normal. My blood pressure has come down and my heart rate has returned to normal! ::crylaugh::

All of this was very intrusive to me in an internet world that is very opened... Dichotomy at its best....
Awww, so sorry about that Marie . . . what a weird, terrible feeling that must've been! :(

Years ago, one of those "Adam-hating" sites copied and pasted some comments I made on IDF . . . horrible feeling.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

End of spam spree... I now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming!

::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm wrote:Soooooooooooo about yesterday and that ET article about DL 'squashing' the rumor....

I was 'talking' to someone on twitter and out of the blues my tweets 'appeared' as comments in their article. I was shocked and felt completely invaded. I realize that twitter is 'public' but I had never seen a media outlet copying/pasting tweets in their comments section.

I tried THREE FRIGGIN' times to have them delete them to no avail... As of this writing, they're still there!

I then reported them to twitter and received an email from twitter asking me to provide them with a government-issued ID (passport, drivers licence) which there is no way I would do!!!!! So basically, opening a 'report' with twitter is useless unless you're willing to provide them with info OVER THE INTERNET that any sane person would refuse to do.

By 8:00 p.m. last night, I was so overwhelmed by this invasion of privacy (that's how it felt), that I 'protected' my twitter account and blocked ET, turned off my computer and stayed off line until now.

I spoke with my younger son, a techie genius, who talked me off the ledge and made me realize that these things happen and that I had to let it go. He's a smooth talker, my son is! ::laughing::

So, as of now, I have 'unprotected' my 'protected' twitter account and things are back to normal. My blood pressure has come down and my heart rate has returned to normal! ::crylaugh::

All of this was very intrusive to me in an internet world that is very opened... Dichotomy at its best....
OMG! So sorry this happened to you Marie. ::huggy:: I would have felt the same way. ::angry:: Love your son for knowing just what to say to help you get through this. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW! Happy to say I still drink tap water!!!!

https://www.inverse.com/article/5819-aq ... -tap-water
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

I am glad i too are not on twitter.

Sorry for your experience Marie ::huggy::
Paula

Post by Paula »

I saw that on twitter! :( I think someone else said that ET did that to them, too. Shouldn't they have your consent to post your tweets, if the tweets were not aimed at them?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Apparently not, Paula. A lot of media does that but usually for big political news or events.
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:59 pm wrote:Apparently not, Paula. A lot of media does that but usually for big political news or events.
That's messed up. ::nono::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

Soooo, I turned on the TV this morning just I time to see Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas on GMA, announcing their tour. Pissed me off, so I turned to the Today Show, and there was Donald Trump holding a town hall. I threw up in my mouth a little, and decided that the universe was telling me it was a good day to just crawl back under the covers. ::thumbup::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Aviddem » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:10 pm wrote:Soooo, I turned on the TV this morning just I time to see Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas on GMA, announcing their tour. Pissed me off, so I turned to the Today Show, and there was Donald Trump holding a town hall. I threw up in my mouth a little, and decided that the universe was telling me it was a good day to just crawl back under the covers. ::thumbup::

*takes yew in her lap, rawks yew, pets yew*

::derrderr::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is as close to the truth as we will ever get... and if it is the truth, I hope karma gets her good! ::livid::

http://blindgossip.com/?p=74472
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

anon 3m3 minutes ago
Yah right...... I have a bridge I can sell you too Shosh

"It is what it is!"
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I am sorry but personally I well take Shoshs word over anyone here or on twitter any day of the week. She actually knows Adam, works in the industry, and would be more closer to the situation then any of us. If she says it is the truth, I am willing to trust her opinion. What has Demi really done wrong? She said some things, those things were twisted and sensationalized. And how dare her dump the great Adam Lambert lol. I am sorry but not everyone needs to be up his rear end, rainbows and butterflys. I know he centres most peoples universe who stans him.

But I just find it absurd, the people who feel they need to protect him, he is a grown ass man. This happens in the industry, its just business. I feel like some think Demi saying she loves Adam is more her lawyer talking, and she is just repeating it for good PR. Know one knows that, call me naïve or whatever you want, but when Demi says she loves Adam I believe it is genuine. Personally I Think the way adam fans are attacking Demi is short sighted, immature, petty, and unfounded. This is more between their managements, Demi and Adam are on good terms, and I trust that. But that is just me. It is funny no one had any idea Adam and Demi were even negotiating touring, the idea seems obsurd to me. So know one had any reason to resent Demi, know she is public enemy #1. Look she could of been more tactful, but following her since I was a kid haha, she has never been the type of person to stab people in the back. IMO this was just a business decision, that her management could of delt with better. And I feel unjustifiably Demi is feeling the backlash, but that is what happens when your in the public eye, everything you do and say is scrutinized. Currently Adam's career is looking great, so how about some people Let it go! Let it go! Let it go! ::grin::
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:04 pm wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is as close to the truth as we will ever get... and if it is the truth, I hope karma gets her good! ::livid::

I missed the "leaks" from her management . . . is there a link?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Adam's tweet is a well-crafted politically-correct tweet. Shosh is supporting it. All normal behavior. Adam has nothing to gain by creating a 'public feud'... It doesn't mean he's not fuming (or not)... but I am.

I am not attacking Demi on twitter or anywhere else, but I certainly think she's a big girl who knew what she was doing.

"Business is business" is true but there's also your reputation in the industry that matters... She needs the damage control so that hers is not too tarnished.

We may never know the truth but where there's smoke, there's fire and I happen to think that this one was doused by gasoline from her side.

Nobody knew of these Adam/Demi plans for a tour... Why talk about it at all? To protect herself in case Adam blew a fuse?

Anyways, in other news... ALN music video is over ONE MILLION VIEWS... Keep streaming, guys!

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT_xnNh5wbE[/bbvideo]
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

marlock276 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:04 pm wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is as close to the truth as we will ever get... and if it is the truth, I hope karma gets her good! ::livid::

TMZ who turned the story against her and this one... http://www.naughtygossip.com/exclusive/ ... -difficult
"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:
marlock276 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:

TMZ who turned the story against her and this one... http://www.naughtygossip.com/exclusive/ ... -difficult
Thanks Marie!!!
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Unless Adam gives details someday, we'll never really know the truth of the entire situation. It's easy to be on the outside, looking in and assume things based on gossip. The reality is we don't know for a fact what was planned, what was signed, what was said between Adam and Demi or Adam's team and her team.

I'm just going to take a clue from Adam and move on. He's favoriting her tweets and liking her pictures. Life goes on.

Although I will admit to a moment of sadness this morning when I saw the tour dates/cities and realized that Adam could have been 45 minutes from my house next summer.

Oh well....onward we go!!

Return to “Let's Talk!”