***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"....

Finally got my yearly check up done with the doc this morning. WOOOT!

Bit the bullet and had my hair cut done. DOUBLE WOOOOT!!!!

Got home to find an email from a program that has been proving 'difficult' to say the least. I have been working with their R&D department for months now... I thought we were on the way to resolving it. They give me instructions and I follow them to the letter.

Today, one of the things they wanted me to do is uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework, reboot and reinstall (they provided a link to reinstall)... only their friggin' link didn't work! Went to a 404 error - site doesn't exist!

I tried to get an ASAP answer from them with a new link to no avail. Finally figured out what the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework is for Windows 7 (which is what I have). Installed that and feel better that my laptop won't crash on me because it's missing the stupid Microsoft .NET Framework (no idea what it does!).

But now, because I'm not sure if that is the version they wanted me to install, I can't move on to the next steps of instructions.... ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Next on the agenda is my iPad which is completely screwed after spending 3 hours on line with Apple Support two days ago. Supervisor couldn't figure out what to do next. Had never seen the screens that were popping up so he sent in a "Critical Request to Research and Development" and he told me he would have an answer within 24 hours.... That was 48 hours ago!!!!! His hours (part of them) are from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (EST) and now my son needs me to babysit from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.*ish tonight!!!!! I have forwarded my landline to my cell phone and will bring my iPad with me but if more is needed, I'm not sure it will work out.... ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Please, circle prayer for Apple to call me AFTER 9:00 p.m. when I'm back home!

How was YOUR day? ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, since I got absolutely NO post of support from ANYONE, I shall punish you by doing one of my "dump and run" spam spree before I go babysitting!

::nanananana:: ::nanananana:: ::nanananana:: ::nanananana::
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Just got home after picking some leaves on my way home after long shift at work .
trying to win tickets for idol and a meet and greet with Adam needed a Big sign done contest end tomorrow and the 5 winners will then get noticed 9 in the morning.
i had no time to do a proper sign did double shift today and yesterday so last minute i thought why not did print some black /white photos at work before leaving then run to the shop 21.30 got some glue and picked some leaves to get color ::laughing::

so this is what i did not exactly what i wanted but some improvising with what i had
now hoping friday 13 is a lucky number ::yes::

The winners are allowed to take 1 extra person with you and must take the signs in to the studio and show them during the taping .
Warnerswe will chose who gets to be lucky ones . All who tries must upload their sign to Instagram and put in some hashtags to enter the contest .
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:08 pm wrote:"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"....

Finally got my yearly check up done with the doc this morning. WOOOT!

Bit the bullet and had my hair cut done. DOUBLE WOOOOT!!!!

Got home to find an email from a program that has been proving 'difficult' to say the least. I have been working with their R&D department for months now... I thought we were on the way to resolving it. They give me instructions and I follow them to the letter.

Today, one of the things they wanted me to do is uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework, reboot and reinstall (they provided a link to reinstall)... only their friggin' link didn't work! Went to a 404 error - site doesn't exist!

I tried to get an ASAP answer from them with a new link to no avail. Finally figured out what the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework is for Windows 7 (which is what I have). Installed that and feel better that my laptop won't crash on me because it's missing the stupid Microsoft .NET Framework (no idea what it does!).

But now, because I'm not sure if that is the version they wanted me to install, I can't move on to the next steps of instructions.... ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Next on the agenda is my iPad which is completely screwed after spending 3 hours on line with Apple Support two days ago. Supervisor couldn't figure out what to do next. Had never seen the screens that were popping up so he sent in a "Critical Request to Research and Development" and he told me he would have an answer within 24 hours.... That was 48 hours ago!!!!! His hours (part of them) are from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (EST) and now my son needs me to babysit from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.*ish tonight!!!!! I have forwarded my landline to my cell phone and will bring my iPad with me but if more is needed, I'm not sure it will work out.... ::argh:: ::argh:: ::argh::

Please, circle prayer for Apple to call me AFTER 9:00 p.m. when I'm back home!

How was YOUR day? ::crylaugh::
Just saw your post now! I feel for you as it isn't fun when you have
computer/technical problems plus the fact that people don't return their calls when they say they will. ::huggy:: ::derrderr:: ::derrderr:: ::huggy:: So frustrating. ::argh::

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Thanks, Tiki!!!! ::huggy::

OK, all caught up on my favorites for today....

Off to babysit soon... No iPad..... ::crying::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Oh, I forgot to mention in my long diatribe that, while I was at the hairdresser, the girl who does colors and highlights had her 8 year old daughter with her...

While I was having my haircut done, I realized she was humming the 'whistling' part of GT over and over and over!

Once I was finished, I showed her the video from the Shopping Carnival... Her eyes were like saucers by then!

I went to get changed and pay when the mom came over and told me her daughter wanted me to give the mom the link to that video....

AWWWWW!!!!! Never too young to get charnicided by Adam!

::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sorry, Marie, I would have sent you good luck vibes, but I was at work. And then I had to go to the funeral home. :( ::cryblownose::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:Sorry, Marie, I would have sent you good luck vibes, but I was at work. And then I had to go to the funeral home. :( ::cryblownose::
Oh, no!!!!! So sorry, BB. And I was just joshing before. Once I 'spit it out', I was fine. That's my modus operandi.... When something bothers me, as soon as I vocalize it, it's over!

::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:17 pm wrote:
Paula » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:Sorry, Marie, I would have sent you good luck vibes, but I was at work. And then I had to go to the funeral home. :( ::cryblownose::
Oh, no!!!!! So sorry, BB. And I was just joshing before. Once I 'spit it out', I was fine. That's my modus operandi.... When something bothers me, as soon as I vocalize it, it's over!

Thank you. It was an elementary school classmate of mine. A firefighter with a young family.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 pm wrote:

Thank you. It was an elementary school classmate of mine. A firefighter with a young family.
Any death is sad, but when it's someone young with a family, it's a lot worse!!!! ::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

So sorry, Paula ::grouphug:: ::grouphug::
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 pm wrote:

Any death is sad, but when it's someone young with a family, it's a lot worse!!!! ::huggy::
svca » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:12 pm wrote:So sorry, Paula ::grouphug:: ::grouphug::
Thank you, ladies. Damn cancer. ::angry::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Paula » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:36 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 pm wrote:

svca » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:12 pm wrote:So sorry, Paula ::grouphug:: ::grouphug::
Thank you, ladies. Damn cancer. ::angry::
Just saw your post now Paula. So sorry for your loss. ::huggy::
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

Hrithika » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:38 pm wrote:Just got home after picking some leaves on my way home after long shift at work .
trying to win tickets for idol and a meet and greet with Adam needed a Big sign done contest end tomorrow and the 5 winners will then get noticed 9 in the morning.
i had no time to do a proper sign did double shift today and yesterday so last minute i thought why not did print some black /white photos at work before leaving then run to the shop 21.30 got some glue and picked some leaves to get color ::laughing::

so this is what i did not exactly what i wanted but some improvising with what i had

The winners are allowed to take 1 extra person with you and must take the signs in to the studio and show them during the taping .
Warnerswe will chose who gets to be lucky ones . All who tries must upload their sign to Instagram and put in some hashtags to enter the contest .
Nice! Good luck!
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

Paula » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:42 pm wrote:

That's so sad. My condolences.
High Drama
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

MicheleDE » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:02 pm wrote:
Hrithika » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:38 pm wrote:Just got home after picking some leaves on my way home after long shift at work .

Nice! Good luck!
Nice job Hrithika. Good luck, and am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Friday the 13th is always a lucky day for me, so hope it is lucky for you too. ::smile::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Just wondering why NZ is the only country to only have one show on the tour? haha typical.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:16 am wrote:Just wondering why NZ is the only country to only have one show on the tour? haha typical.

What do you mean? There are many countries that only have one show.

Netherlands,Finland, Russia,Poland, Denmark,Italy, Sweden,Austria, Switzerland, Estonia, Norway

You are lucky to have a show. Lots of folks would trade places with you. ::haha:: ::flowers::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Carmi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 am wrote:
3ku1 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:16 am wrote:Just wondering why NZ is the only country to only have one show on the tour? haha typical.

What do you mean? There are many countries that only have one show.

Netherlands,Finland, Russia,Poland, Denmark,Italy, Sweden,Austria, Switzerland, Estonia, Norway

You are lucky to have a show. Lots of folks would trade places with you. ::haha:: ::flowers::
Oh okay, don't worry just being greedy haha. I guess doesn't matter anyway, I am going to the one and only show haha.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

My condolences Paula .

I did not won the contest so for me friday 13 bad luck ::winking::
Congrats to the 5 winners all new ones who has not meet Adam.

Thats fair and a good choice the best signs was made by people who had already meet Adam last time in june
they was not chosen this time so i think they gave chance for new fans to win and meet Adam good strategy by warnerswe
get those young ones some of the winners is 1direction fans hope they today will be glamberts ::thumbsup::

One criteria was BIG sign and most did as me small ones but all winners did have a really big sign .

And i will get Adam on my tv today ::thumbup:: whats not to like
hope he hawing good time and its not raining today as it did yesterday but its really november weather no blue sky just grey and gloomy .

Return to “Let's Talk!”