***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Sagittarius

Post by Sagittarius »

Can someone explain how VEVO has so many hits...? ::wacko::
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

misswood » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:
donnamb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 pm wrote:Do tell, what's a cooking bag? I made a big mistake quite a few years ago rubbing a chicken with butter, and having guests who kept Kosher. Since then, I've always used olive oil, no matter who was coming over. (Where was my head?)
I don't know what happened to Adam's turkey from his instagrams, but looks like they didn't tent it with aluminum foil to prevent too much browning and allow it to get to golden. But the rest of the spread looked yummy.
I agree with you, Donna. ::yes:: Adam should always 'tent it'.
Where would this board be without you? (Actually, I decided that bird must have been deep-fried, not roasted. )
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Just got home from a full day of babysitting my three grandchildren.... I need 10 disco naps strung together! ::haha::

Wanna know what it's like to babysit three kids aged 10, 8 and 5?

Here were my instructions for today:

"Hi Marie
Thanks again for tomorrow.

Breakfast:
Cereal/ toast with cheese or peanut butter with milk and a fruit

Have them get dressed. Their clothes are already taken out.
Brush their teeth.

Logan has a play date at 10. Can you please drive him. Leave at 9:40. You have to bring Tyler with you. You can leave Haley but call and check on her while you're gone. Remind her to not open the door. Unless she wants to go with you. Address is ### ABCDE, take Van Horne all the way to outremont and turn right onto street. The fathers cell is 514-###-####. His name is Mikhael. But the sitter will be at the house as he too is at work.
Haley has a friend named Sarah coming over at 11.

Please feed the three lunch. Veggies and there's leftovers in the fridge (salmon, pasta with meat sauce, rice) or sandwiches.
Some water too please.

Tyler has a play date as well at 1. You can leave at 12:40. They live on XYZ but from cote Saint luc road. His friends name is Owen. Their address is ### XYZ.

Haley's play date will be picked up at 2. Please go get Logan at 2:30 and then Tyler right after.
As we have a hockey game to get to. I will be home once we have to leave.
Please have Logan get dressed in his fancy clothes and pack his hockey bag.
I will call you on my way to ask you to feed him or get it warmed up.

Once again Haley can go with you or not. But just call her and leave your number with her so she can call you. Please write it and show her where you left it.

If you can have Haley do her homework before her friend gets there. Also once you're back from bringing Logan can you sit down with her for a few mins and help her with her French project.

Thank you.
"

::coffee:: ::zzzzz::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh::

You are a BRAVE woman, Marie....I only had 2, but they were sure less complicated than that lol.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

donnamb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 pm wrote:Do tell, what's a cooking bag? I made a big mistake quite a few years ago rubbing a chicken with butter, and having guests who kept Kosher. Since then, I've always used olive oil, no matter who was coming over. (Where was my head?)
I don't know what happened to Adam's turkey from his instagrams, but looks like they didn't tent it with aluminum foil to prevent too much browning and allow it to get to golden. But the rest of the spread looked yummy.
This is what I meant. I just didn't look to see if I was using the correct terminology.

I love using these as they speed up the cooking time, keeps the turkey moist without basting and it keeps the oven clean.

I put on an aluminum foil tent last night but it took an extra 45 minutes (beyond the time I usually allow when cooking in a bag) for the little sensor/thermometer to pop out. I let the turkey rest, but it was still undercooked. We ended up putting all our sliced turkey in the microwave for another minute or two.

I'll admit that I didn't get the turkey out of the freezer soon enough so it was still a bit frozen on Thursday morning. I definitely can't brag about it being the best turkey I ever cooked! ::no:: ::haha:: After slicing enough for our meal last night, I put it back in the oven and cooked it another hour. We just ate some leftovers today and they tasted great!
misswood

Post by misswood »

hotouthere » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:
donnamb » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 pm wrote:Do tell, what's a cooking bag? I made a big mistake quite a few years ago rubbing a chicken with butter, and having guests who kept Kosher. Since then, I've always used olive oil, no matter who was coming over. (Where was my head?)
This is what I meant. I just didn't look to see if I was using the correct terminology.

I love using these as they speed up the cooking time, keeps the turkey moist without basting and it keeps the oven clean.

I put on a aluminum foil tent last night but it took an extra 45 minutes (beyond the time I usually allow when cooking in a bag) for the little sensor/thermometer to pop out. I let the turkey rest, but it was still undercooked. We ended up putting all our sliced turkey in the microwave for another minute or two.

I'll admit that I didn't get the turkey out of the freezer soon enough so it was still a bit frozen on Thursday morning. I definitely can't brag about it being the best turkey I ever cooked! ::no:: ::haha:: After slicing enough for our meal last night, I put it back in the oven and cooked it another hour. We just ate some leftovers today and they tasted great!
I use those bags, too. They keep my meat very moist. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:Just got home from a full day of babysitting my three grandchildren.... I need 10 disco naps strung together! ::haha::

"Hi Marie

Breakfast:

Brush their teeth.

Logan has a play date at 10. Can you please drive him. Leave at 9:40. You have to bring Tyler with you. You can leave Haley but call and check on her while you're gone. Remind her to not open the door. Unless she wants to go with you. Address is ### ABCDE, take Van Horne all the way to outremont and turn right onto street. The fathers cell is 514-###-####. His name is Mikhael. But the sitter will be at the house as he too is at work.

Please feed the three lunch. Veggies and there's leftovers in the fridge (salmon, pasta with meat sauce, rice) or sandwiches.
Some water too please.

Tyler has a play date as well at 1. You can leave at 12:40. They live on XYZ but from cote Saint luc road. His friends name is Owen. Their address is ### XYZ.

Haley's play date will be picked up at 2. Please go get Logan at 2:30 and then Tyler right after.

Once again Haley can go with you or not. But just call her and leave your number with her so she can call you. Please write it and show her where you left it.

If you can have Haley do her homework before her friend gets there. Also once you're back from bringing Logan can you sit down with her for a few mins and help her with her French project.

Thank you.
"

Sooooooooooo, after a 4-hour disco nap ::crylaugh:: I now realize that I have 160 favorited tweets!!!! OOOFTA!!!!!

Get your rotten tomatoes ready... ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Lordy, how do you sleep at night with a 4-hour nap?

I don't even dare take an hour unless it's Saturday. If I take a nap on Sunday afternoon, I can't go to sleep until late, which throws off me having to get up Monday morning for work ::laughing::

It's a good thing my hubby and the dog usually make sure I don't get too long of a nap ::wacko:: ::wacko::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:52 pm wrote:Lordy, how do you sleep at night with a 4-hour nap?

I don't even dare take an hour unless it's Saturday. If I take a nap on Sunday afternoon, I can't go to sleep until late, which throws off me having to get up Monday morning for work ::laughing::

It's a good thing my hubby and the dog usually make sure I don't get too long of a nap ::wacko:: ::wacko::
What makes you think I sleep at night? ::hysterical::

I'm all caught up now... So shutting down the computer and off to bed... to watch Elementary.... ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
cosab

Post by cosab »

madamimadam » 28 Nov 2015, 00:01 wrote:Just got home from a full day of babysitting my three grandchildren.... I need 10 disco naps strung together! ::haha::

"Hi Marie

Breakfast:

Brush their teeth.

Some water too please.

Thank you.
"

Wow, this sounds more like they would need a personal assistant instead of a babysitter. ::shock::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

All caught up for today...

Off to finish binge watching Elementary.... Season 3, Episode 20... ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, end of spam spree.... ::yessss::

I finished binge watching Elementary... I highly recommend it!!!!!

Now off to run a few errands and then getting ready for the show tonight!!!!!

::spaz::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I haven't seen the 'finished look' of the tour yet, but I'm loving that Terrance and Dani are the backup vocals.

I also love that Adam will have such a good (old) friend on tour with him. Terrance is a friend from 'way back' and will be great for Adam. The tour, so far, is a crazy, busy schedule!!!!!

And *small voice*, I love that we don't know any of Adam's band members... No cray shall ensue! ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:38 pm wrote:I haven't seen the 'finished look' of the tour yet, but I'm loving that Terrance and Dani are the backup vocals.

I also love that Adam will have such a good (old) friend on tour with him. Terrance is a friend from 'way back' and will be great for Adam. The tour, so far, is a crazy, busy schedule!!!!!

And *small voice*, I love that we don't know any of Adam's band members... No cray shall ensue! ::haha::
SAME! On all counts!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
svca

Post by svca »

And may I add that I love that Terrance and Dani seem to be very active on snapchat.

I love getting silly little tidbits....keeps us connected.

Can't wait to see how it goes tonight. I listened to a couple of videos by that group, Great Big World (or something like that), and I like their sound.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm 4m4 minutes ago
Dani the back up singer, snapchated, she's super excited, she's calling Adam the most amazing singer ever and she's on the world tour w him

mmadamimadamm 3m3 minutes ago
So it seems both Terrance and Dani are on TOH tour cause she's talking about Japan, Australia, Dubai etc . She's freaking out lol so cute :)
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Wonder if he gets his dancers, too? I have to say, I'm looking forward to Dani and Terrance as backup singers....wasn't too crazy about the previous two ::tomato::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:43 pm wrote:Wonder if he gets his dancers, too? I have to say, I'm looking forward to Dani and Terrance as backup singers....wasn't too crazy about the previous two ::tomato::
Same here! Even in the snapchat vids during rehearsal, I love Terrence's body movements... Of course, once Adam is in view, I might lose sight of Terrence... ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Naturally, pfft.

I must admit to having just a teensy, teensy crush on Terrance....I just think he's too adorable. I think it's the dimples ::wub::
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:46 pm wrote: I listened to a couple of videos by that group, Great Big World (or something like that), and I like their sound.
Yeah, they sing that "Rockstar" song that Adam & Chris Colfer sang on Glee.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

Return to “Let's Talk!”